PDA

View Full Version : Help this grandma get to a T3D!

frugalannie
Jan. 4, 2010, 05:06 PM
A Happy New Year's greeting to all my friends on COTH. My eventing goal for this year is to do everything I can to do the T3D at GMHA this summer. It will require tons of luck, and for me to be in shape.

SO, COTH buddies, help me design a fitness program for ME. I have a better idea of my horse's fitness program than my own, and being 57, there's lots of stuff I just can't do (like jog: dislocates my kneecaps = owwie. Ditto biking).

But, realistically, how fit do I have to be? I currently walk 2 miles a day briskly, with a big hill at the end. While I'm on riding hiatus right now, I typically ride 3-4 horses a day. I am pretty strong, so endurance will be my focus I think.

All advice is welcome although I don't promise to be able to follow all of it.;)

RiverBendPol
Jan. 4, 2010, 05:25 PM
You are already all set. You seriously don't need to be any fitter than you are right now.

Well, actually, Annie, Dear, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe you aren't QUITE ready. You are a grand mother, after all, and 57 is pretty old:winkgrin:. If you add another mile to your morning march AND plan a trip to AIKEN for Feb and March, you and Jane will be just fine. I happen to know a GORGEOUS barn where she will get the ultimate care and you'll have the most fun training with the most fun people. :winkgrin: "They" just happen to have an open stall. Without this trip in your schedule, you'll NEVER make it to GMHA :>

RunForIt
Jan. 4, 2010, 05:30 PM
You are already all set. You seriously don't need to be any fitter than you are right now.

Well, actually, Annie, Dear, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe you aren't QUITE ready. You are a grand mother, after all, and 57 is pretty old:winkgrin:. If you add another mile to your morning march AND plan a trip to AIKEN for Feb and March, you and Jane will be just fine. I happen to know a GORGEOUS barn where she will get the ultimate care and you'll have the most fun training with the most fun people. :winkgrin: "They" just happen to have an open stall. Without this trip in your schedule, you'll NEVER make it to GMHA :>

I ditto dear Pol - just add more mileage to your walks AND take your pulse to make sure you're walking hard enough to increase your cardiovascular strength. There's only so much time in the day. Add 1, then 2 more miles to the walks (easy day, hard day) and push the pace...:D :cool:

Ajierene
Jan. 4, 2010, 05:37 PM
Can you swim?

Swimming is supposedly the best workout with the least strain on joints. It might be a good change of pace...

I was also going to suggest a modified version of the P90X program, but I'm not sure how you can do some with the kneecap issue. I do the Ab Ripper X (15 min work out that kills the core) if I take more than one day off riding (yeah, I know, I'm a slacker, though sometimes it is really not my fault!)

JER
Jan. 4, 2010, 06:20 PM
NYT: Can you get fit in six minutes a week? (http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/can-you-get-fit-in-six-minutes-a-week/)

Tabata interval training is both the easiest (in terms of duration) and hardest (in terms of intensity and willpower) way to improve your fitness level.

It's very simple. Do something for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds for a total of eight cycles. You can do anything but it has to be all-out.

It works. It's fun, sort of, maybe, in retrospect but certainly not when you're on interval #7. :)

Actually, you sound like you're fairly fit already. What specifically do you see as your problem areas? ('Endurance' can mean various things.)

Gry2Yng
Jan. 4, 2010, 07:03 PM
I have an eliptical I need to move out of the family room. :D Best of luck, I echo previous posters.

deltawave
Jan. 4, 2010, 07:59 PM
I normally stay plenty fit just by doing barn chores and riding, but it never hurts to be a little more fit than you need to be. :) Walking is good, but does nothing much for your upper body. I find that rowing-type exercises is great for riding, especially when one is blessed with horses that pull like trucks. :D Situps (just crunches) are also nice because they keep that "core" solid. I do miss the days when we called it "abs", though. :p I used to do Tae Kwon Do and that kept me nice and fit and flexible, but the higher-level stuff is just not do-able with my ACL-less knee, so now I just go to the gym a couple of times a week and do weights and 100 situps/crunches, plus a lot of stretching just because it feels good. Good luck! Your goal is my goal, too. :D

scubed
Jan. 4, 2010, 08:30 PM
I really recommend adding some core work to your walking. If you walk as you are with maybe the extra mile every other day and then do 20 minutes of hard core work (pilates, crunches, whatever) 3 or 4 times a week, you should be golden. Another option would be yoga, which can build both strength and flexibility, but I wouldn't say that was necessary for your goal.

Mary in Area 1
Jan. 4, 2010, 10:30 PM
I can help by offering a free place to stay while you're at GMHA!

frugalannie
Jan. 4, 2010, 10:43 PM
Oh Pol. If I win the lottery, I'll be there with bells on! In the meantime, it'll be interval training on the beach.

Thank you all for your great suggestions (especially the ones that said I'm almost there! Looooove that!).

I do and will swim once the pool thaws out. Ok, maybe starting in June is more realistic. I will begin core work (yes I will!!!) and add distance to the walks on alternate days, which my doggies will love. FWIW, I try to walk fast enough that my rangy field lab has to trot and my Cairn terrier hustles to keep up. As I get fitter, I'll try the Tabata approach...at least once or twice! Meanwhile, DW (my personal hero) I will try to do some stretching, too, for body and mind. Good reminder, that.

And Mary, you dear woman, I may well take you up on that. Especially if you have a pool or tub I can soak in after XC day.

Keep the inspiration coming!

BaroquePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 12:11 AM
Hatha Yoga. It has hundreds of different stretches and a lot of standing on your head exercises that build your core muscles and develop your breathing. The breathing will transfer to your riding and if you get far enough along you and your horse will begin to breath in synch during certain focused intervals. It should help you develop focus which can be very beneficial for competitive riding.

Correct breathing is so underrated. It can help in so many ways and it can be used gain the most strength out of how you move. Sort of like a passive martial art, but a martial art all the same. It goes with riding very well.

Plus, a good book on Hatha Yoga will tell you what exercises to avoid relative to specific injuries or weaknesses that your body has, as well as which exercises will help you develop what you need.

Also great for stretching sore, tired muscles ... helps get the lactic acid worked back out.

And, of course, non-concusive.

IFG
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:02 AM
I am not quite 57, will turn 49 soon, and I have found Flow Yoga (I think Vinyasa) to be a great workout. It has not only made me stronger and fitter, but made me a lot more flexible (which is what I have seemed to lose as I age). My class runs 1.5 hours in a heated room, and the teacher adjusts the poses for any injuries that you have. It is a terrific for core and upper body strength too. Only problem is there was no class over the holidays, and my Yoga clothes seemed a lot tighter when I went back.

RiverBendPol
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:13 AM
OK, OK, You guys are convincing me. Yoga seems to be the answer...I too am an Old Gran. I am MUCH younger than Frugal Annie-I won't be 57 till a month after GMHA but the T3D is my goal for Matty this year, too. So, while I'm in Aiken, I WILL go to yoga classes. I already googled 'Aiken yoga' and there is a center not even 15 minutes from my barn. MAybe I'll even ride my bike over. I am NOT excited at the prospect but I KNOW it is time.

BaroquePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:24 AM
Yoga also will have numerous backward stretches which will stretch the muscles from your knees to the top of your hips. It helps A LOT in getting those muscles looser so that the rider can get their heel back under their hip for correct equitation. Correct equitation is not about looking pretty as much as it is about getting your body parts into positions where the aids can be used effectively.

:p

denny
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:55 AM
My guess is that with all the riding you do, plus the walking, plus being so young, you are about ok already.
Something to do when out trotting---make sure your stirrups are xc length, and go for stretches in a half seat without posting. That`s a good workout.

IFG
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:55 AM
OK, OK, You guys are convincing me. Yoga seems to be the answer...I too am an Old Gran. I am MUCH younger than Frugal Annie-I won't be 57 till a month after GMHA but the T3D is my goal for Matty this year, too. So, while I'm in Aiken, I WILL go to yoga classes. I already googled 'Aiken yoga' and there is a center not even 15 minutes from my barn. MAybe I'll even ride my bike over. I am NOT excited at the prospect but I KNOW it is time.

I love my current Yoga teacher, but a heads up, it took three tries to find her. It was like Goldilocks, one was too touchy-feely, one was too gung-ho, and the current one was just right. All to say, if you think that the first teacher is out of their mind, try another one.

Fred
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:07 AM
I am filled with admiration, FA!!!!
As an older girl than you, I echo the suggestions for stretching and core strengthening - yoga and pilates, as well as other non-impact things like swimming.

Go Granny Go!

frugalannie
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:33 AM
Awww shucks, Fred. You are one of my idols, as you know. Your words mean a great deal to me. And to hear from Mount Olympus and get encouragement from Denny!

Actually Denny, thank you for reminding me of the half seat. Years ago, I was rehabbing a mare from and injury and had to progressively increase her trot work from two one minute sets to a straight half hour of trotting hills. You had just written an article about participants in your clinics often not being able to gallop in the half seat for even a couple of minutes, so I took it into my head to do all of the trot work in the half seat. By the end, my jumping position was much, much stronger, and I looked lots better in a bathing suit, too.

OK, some Yoga/Pilates, trot sets and more walking. Now the next question is.....

frugalannie
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:37 AM
I admit that I am a weather weenie. I was thinking about this as I found myself drifting through the air having slipped on ice during this morning's walk. Well, not so much drifting, since I landed with a thud.

So many of you are in more extreme climates, both hot and cold. How do you motivate yourself to get out there when it's cold and blowing you sideways or it's so hot the greenheads and mosquitoes are sweating?

BaroquePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:38 AM
Only problem is there was no class over the holidays, and my Yoga clothes seemed a lot tighter when I went back.

:lol:

frugalannie
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:39 AM
I'm copying your comment about me being so young and putting it on my desktop. You really do know how to motivate!

BaroquePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:46 AM
Posted by frugalannie:

So many of you are in more extreme climates, both hot and cold. How do you motivate yourself to get out there when it's cold and blowing you sideways or it's so hot the greenheads and mosquitoes are sweating?

One thing is to keep in mind when you go out into the elements, it feels SSoooo good when you come back inside :yes:

Another incentive is that the more you work out, the more you will need to eat :yes: which is another great reward :winkgrin:

annikak
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:53 AM
OK, some Yoga/Pilates, trot sets and more walking. Now the next question is.....

...when does Annikak get to join me???

Oh...I see...it's about weather. Um...ok....:( :lol:

Weather is a bitch, but for me, being outside when it's this frigging cold is motivation enough. Oh, and those ice shoes- like putting on my horses winter shoes, those help. A bit of getting used to (like the ponies) but then, secure footing! Deep snow? Consider that an extra exercise bonus.

I may not be riding much (ahem...read- not hardly) at all these days, but, I sure need an exercise plan before I start PA school this spring. At 47, that freshman 15, which comes no matter how old you are and much much harder to lose when you are older!

denny
Jan. 5, 2010, 09:10 AM
You ARE young. I was already competing when you were born!

scubed
Jan. 5, 2010, 09:30 AM
Incredible yoga here: http://www.radiantwellbeing.com/ I have trained with Michael Carroll when he comes up to King of Prussia. He is amazing and the teachers at the studio are generally great.

There is also a new(ish) studio in Aiken that has both Pilates and Yoga: http://justbreathestudio.com/schedule/

And if you are in Ocala instead: http://www.yogabyjenking.com/html/schedule.html

CookiePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:18 AM
Thank you for starting this, FA. My work is not physically active at all (except when my classes are scheduled at the other end of campus), and I am a one-horse rider, so I need to be deliberate about getting fit. Denny harangued us at the Adult Riders meeting in Reston and the holidays are over, so it's time to get serious again.

I have noticed that trot sets with short stirrups in half seat and standing for an extra beat while posting is great for core-strengthening. Also, in the process of going through physical therapy for an ouchy knee I got into weight training. Now I MUST make the time as I am shooting for a fall T3D!

IFG
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:51 AM
As for getting out to ride in this weather, I just keep telling myself that once I am out the door I will have fun. My husband and I joke that the hardest part of exercising in the winter is getting out the door.

Having the right clothes helps, but you know that, and there is another thread on it. I have to admit, I am in heavy lust for a new LL Bean soft shell to ride in. If I had one of those, I would definitely be more motivated.....

As it is, I have plenty of fine clothes that keep me warm, and I find if I kick myself in the a** to get out and ride before work rather than wait until after work, I get the job done.

Have fun getting fit!

missamandarose
Jan. 5, 2010, 12:05 PM
First, Way to Go! I think your goal is awesome!

Weather schmeather! I believe the adage "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" applies to weather extremes, provided you take proper precautions. Appropriate layers for the cold (and a hat, gloves and my favorite thing... a neck gaiter), and always plenty of water to drink. Also listen to your body... feeling woozy in 98* weather isnt the time to "push through it".

When I was in college I was on the rowing team. The only times practice was cancelled was when (1) there was lightning, or (2) if it was 35 degrees or less AND raining. Our coach told us practicing in that kind of weather "builds character". He was right. My dogs hate me for walking them in a downpour, and I don't mind riding when its about 30*, provided the ground isn't frozen (I am lucky that rarely happens here in GA... except for well... right now)

But the great thing about working out in undesireable weather is that when the beautiful, glorious days roll around, you'll fly through walks/workouts on those days and they will be a piece of cake. Those workouts will be really good motivators and keep you going. :)

CookiePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 12:12 PM
I don't mind riding when its about 30*, provided the ground isn't frozen (I am lucky that rarely happens here in GA... except for well... right now)

It's the same in TN-- WTF?? I guess I had better hit the gym today.

missamandarose
Jan. 5, 2010, 12:39 PM
some kind of "arctic front"... and another moves through next week. JOY. I think the weather guy on the radio this morning said its like a 15 or 20 year low.

BUT, perfect for character building!! I pulled out my lined walking/workout pants over the weekend for morning doggie walks. I need to find the thermal leggings I bought last year for under my riding pants!

RiverBendPol
Jan. 5, 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm copying your comment about me being so young and putting it on my desktop. You really do know how to motivate!

O for Godssake, FA, Denny only says you're young bc he is so ancient:winkgrin:

Lissen, I happen to think there should be an Old Age division at the T3D this year. Call us the Old Hags. Can we get Getchell to join up? Special prizes-Advil, reading glasses, etc.

I fell off today. Pi$$ed me right off. Going to Yoga.

Get some YakTrax, please, for walking in the winter. Falling on ice is way worse than falling off a horse. I have these. They go nicely over my Crocs:cool: Just don't ever wear them on a bare floor or you will fall down again.
http://www.scoutgear.com/as1505px.html

BaroquePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 03:37 PM
I was thrilled when my new pony gave me a black eye that he somehow managed not to knock off or break my bifocals (although I do tend to wear them low on my nose so I can look over them) :lol:

RiverBendPol
Jan. 5, 2010, 03:38 PM
scubed-
That 'Just Breathe Studio' is the one I've been eyeing for when Em and I get to Aiken. You like it? It is a few minutes from our barn. Thanks for the tip :)

scubed
Jan. 5, 2010, 03:58 PM
Yep, it is a good one. Just the right mix of workout and something a little more without being too woo-woo

scubed
Jan. 5, 2010, 04:00 PM
Last January when I broke my wrist, bucked off the horse, landed on my feet. Went to move out of her way when she threatened to kick and slipped on the ice at the edge of the ring, landing on another lump of ice, thus breaking wrist. The advantage of aiken/florida in the winter is that the ground is much softer :yes::lol:

merry_one
Jan. 5, 2010, 05:30 PM
Sounds great. I have been hoping to find a place as I have not been riding regularly since October and there is a serious belly that needs to go AWAY. I am heading down next weekend and never have spent time in Aiken. Any other good tips would be most appreciated.

Arcadien
Jan. 5, 2010, 06:10 PM
Good for you!

Another recommendation for Yoga -

Even if you are not naturally flexible (like me!) and don't have time to get to a class or gym, you can do it -

Look for Rodney Yee DVD's, he has a Beginner Power Yoga one that I LOVE -

He won't hurt you, and will guide you carefully through the moves. Modify them with a towel (if you you can't reach your toes in some of the stretches like me!) and lightweight block of some kind, and just try to do like 10 mins of the program first time, and move up bit by bit from there.

You can come in from the barn, put on that DVD and do it 2-3 times a week without even changing from street clothes, that's how I fit it in!

Anyway, adding a bit of Yoga like R. Yee's to what you are doing now would be great for adding core strength and "grease" to your joints and flexibility to your tendons, thus helping you avoid any injury during your prep!

Good luck!!!

frugalannie
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:21 PM
...when does Annikak get to join me???

Miss you, too. But you're sooooo much younger that we are hoping we'll be able to groom for you at your next 3D after you finish school. And you will finish brilliantly.

Arcadian, great, REALLY great idea. And that way no one has to see me in yoga togs!

Pol, I will approach Ms.G. If they won't give us our own division, I think we should at least have a team of ladies of a certain age, don't you? Unless of course Denny wants to join our team. I'd vote to let him in so we all feel younger.;) Until the morning after the competitors' party, anyway.

RiverBendPol
Jan. 5, 2010, 09:17 PM
Sounds great. I have been hoping to find a place as I have not been riding regularly since October and there is a serious belly that needs to go AWAY. I am heading down next weekend and never have spent time in Aiken. Any other good tips would be most appreciated.

Wait, what?????? When, where, for how long?????? Details, please.:cool:

K.
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:13 PM
Golds gym also has yoga. But it wasn't all that challenging if you are someone who already does yoga...

Moderator 1
Jan. 6, 2010, 09:17 AM
As a separate thread on yoga studios is pushing the horse/eventing-relatedness envelope a bit, we merged the spinoff thread back here with the original.

Thanks!
Mod 1

RunForIt
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:23 AM
As a separate thread on yoga studios is pushing the horse/eventing-relatedness envelope a bit, we merged the spinoff thread back here with the original.

Thanks!
Mod 1

:D this post might help us refocus, Mod1...I already know there will be a need for stretching and strengthening once I lose this halo...and as a definite member of the eventing grannies group (do we really have one?), it would be interesting to hear how yoga and pilates benefit different parts of the body (needed in terms of eventing). I have a niece-in-law who teaches both though she's in Bristol, TN with my chef nephew. I fully intend to get Amanda in on my post halo PT ! :cool: :D

missamandarose
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:39 AM
Lissen, I happen to think there should be an Old Age division at the T3D this year. Call us the Old Hags. Can we get Getchell to join up? Special prizes-Advil, reading glasses, etc.

Get some YakTrax, please, for walking in the winter.

I've seen a "rusty stirrup" division at a local hunter show before. I think its a lovely idea.

And yes, on the YakTrax... happened to see them flipping through a catalog or something, and forwarded the info to a friend who lives in VA and walks a few blocks to work, even in winter. She loves them!

IFG
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:57 AM
it would be interesting to hear how yoga and pilates benefit different parts of the body (needed in terms of eventing). I have a niece-in-law who teaches both though she's in Bristol, TN with my chef nephew. I fully intend to get Amanda in on my post halo PT ! :cool: :D

Glad to hear that you are already thinking about rehab!

For me, both Yoga and Pilates strengthen my core so that I can sit up straighter. What this means for me i that my shoulders and legs move more independently with my pelvis and waist as the nexus. Does that make sense?

I have found Yoga to tone the rest of my body and make me more flexible than Pilate, which is why I now do Yoga instead of Pilates. I would be interested in what your niece-in-law has to say on comparing the two disciplines.

Fred
Jan. 7, 2010, 09:16 AM
O for Godssake, FA, Denny only says you're young bc he is so ancient:winkgrin:

I fell off today. Pi$$ed me right off. Going to Yoga.

Get some YakTrax, please, for walking in the winter. Falling on ice is way worse than falling off a horse. I have these. They go nicely over my Crocs:cool: Just don't ever wear them on a bare floor or you will fall down again.

:)

How To Know You are Truly Old:
when you can't bend over in all your cold weather gear to put your YakTrax on.

and yes, on slate floors, you will fall down. don't ask me how I know this. ;)

last year I broke my T12, just slipped and fell on the ice - walking to the barn.
'Course, I didn't know I broke it until months later, when I had a scan for something else.

frugalannie
Jan. 7, 2010, 11:35 AM
Fred, how do you know you are a true horsewoman? You fall and break your T-12, do all your chores that day and every day thereafter and only find out you did it months later.

One of the reasons you are an idol.

Tux61096
Jan. 7, 2010, 04:34 PM
Fred, how do you know you are a true horsewoman? You fall and break your T-12, do all your chores that day and every day thereafter and only find out you did it months later.

True, true!

On a side note, FA can I join your clique, Proud and achy member of the eventing grannies clique? I'm not a granny, but I am of granny age. It will help keep me inspired to keep trying to get back to a competition venue, as does your goal of doing the T3D. Good luck throughout the year of prep!

frugalannie
Jan. 7, 2010, 05:21 PM
Thank you for the encouragement, Tux. Of course you can join eventing grannies clique! I'm betting you have an honorary grandchild around somewhere, and if not, you can borrow one of mine.

And RunForIt, we hope you join eventing grannies, too. As a matter of fact, you can be the poster child, errr, pin-up girl.

Fred
Jan. 8, 2010, 07:48 AM

thank you FA {hug}
I did whine however. ;)

RunForIt
Jan. 8, 2010, 08:09 AM
And RunForIt, we hope you join eventing grannies, too. As a matter of fact, you can be the poster child, errr, pin-up girl.

:cool: Many thanks!!! # 60 arrives 22 days from the proposed departure of my angel status = halo! I cannot WAIT to be achy again...its very strange to not have to take ibupropen as soon as I get out of bed in the morning - ha! Now, off to change my signature! :D

RiverBendPol
Jan. 8, 2010, 08:26 AM
:cool: ......its very strange to not have to take ibupropen as soon as I get out of bed in the morning - ha!..... :D

Hey, guess what I discovered...Methocarbamol. It is a muscle relaxer and was prescribed for one of our TBs. It didn't do much for the horse, BUT, I had a serious back strain at Loudon last Spring and had the old bottle in the trailer. I called my vet and asked her if I could take the stuff. She didn't say yes but she did say she takes 3 tabs 3xday (500 mg each) when HER back is bad...It is great stuff. No side effects, and when taken along with the Advil upon crawling out of the bed, no creaking!:lol::winkgrin::lol:

RunForIt
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:11 AM
Hey, guess what I discovered...Methocarbamol. It is a muscle relaxer and was prescribed for one of our TBs. It didn't do much for the horse, BUT, I had a serious back strain at Loudon last Spring and had the old bottle in the trailer. I called my vet and asked her if I could take the stuff. She didn't say yes but she did say she takes 3 tabs 3xday (500 mg each) when HER back is bad...It is great stuff. No side effects, and when taken along with the Advil upon crawling out of the bed, no creaking!:lol::winkgrin::lol:

Ahhh....the things we learn from our vets and the COTH BB! Right now, I'm getting to take a respite from my medicinal "crutches"...truly, its simply been part of my life to pop 3 200mg ibupropen every morning and night for the last 20+ years...doing just fine and dandy w/o right now...funny what a bounce on the head can teach you :D. see you SOON! Rasta leaves for Aiken this weekend...lucky, lucky me.

frugalannie
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:54 AM
Pol, you need to update YOUR sig line to be an eventing grannie!

frugalannie
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:56 AM
I did whine however. ;)

Thank God. If you didn't you'd be a saint instead on an idol.:lol:

RiverBendPol
Jan. 8, 2010, 04:36 PM
Pol, you need to update YOUR sig line to be an eventing grannie!

Welllll, how the heck do I do that?

I'll be looking for the Rasta pony and the gal with the halo-too bad Christmas has come and gone, you could have worn tinsel and baubles...

RunForIt
Jan. 8, 2010, 04:52 PM

I'll be looking for the Rasta pony and the gal with the halo-too bad Christmas has come and gone, you could have worn tinsel and baubles...

I have every intention of doing that at Lellie's horse trial in some form or fashion...when no horses are around - ha! :cool:

RiverBendPol
Jan. 8, 2010, 07:48 PM
I have every intention of doing that at Lellie's horse trial in some form or fashion...when no horses are around - ha! :cool:

OMG, if you are at that HT you better stay the he!! away from me and my Little Red One when you are decorated or you'll be peeling me off the ground!!!:winkgrin::cool::eek::lol:

CookiePony
Jan. 8, 2010, 07:51 PM

Go to "User CP" in the upper left corner of the forum window. Then click on "Edit Signature."

Looking forward to Aiken-- maybe I can come to yoga?

RiverBendPol
Jan. 8, 2010, 08:57 PM
Go to "User CP" in the upper left corner of the forum window. Then click on "Edit Signature."

Looking forward to Aiken-- maybe I can come to yoga?

Oh yes, Stace, please do altho I bet YOU are a HOT YOGA girl!! You will not fit in with my classmates. I'm looking for slo-mo yoga. :winkgrin: When will you be there? Need a stall in March?

I did, I did put in a sig. Eventing Grannies unite...I'm going after Ann Getch now. Of COURSE Eddie can do the T3D. Perfect way to pull him out of the field.

CookiePony
Jan. 8, 2010, 09:30 PM
Pol, I'm flattered, but you have an image of me that is my young, lithe self, and that's not exactly up to date. :uhoh: :lol:

Thank you, I do have a stall for Taco, my coach's baby, and a friend-- we're traveling in a pack! Are you going to be where you were last year?

RiverBendPol
Jan. 9, 2010, 07:20 AM
..... Are you going to be where you were last year?

Nope! We have a 16 stall barn complete with 3 bdrm attached house and grooms' apartment on 25 acres, Redds Branch Road. SO psyched. Starting the trek on Sat., Jan 30. Wahooooooo:winkgrin: see you there. You still have my # ?Where will you be?