PDA

View Full Version : High quality deeply engraved saddle plate?

sarcam02
Jan. 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
Looking for suggestions on where to buy nice thick brass saddle plates? The one I had from my junior years was very substantial when compared to the rather flimsey tack plates of today. Any ideas?

EqTrainer
Jan. 4, 2010, 05:10 PM
Quillins

sarcam02
Jan. 4, 2010, 05:20 PM
I was thinking of them. Thank you

Elmstead
Jan. 4, 2010, 07:33 PM
Definitely Quillin's.

They make the best plates, and for much less $ than the big name stores sell the flimsier plates. Unfortunately, they don't offer all the fancy script and roman fonts...just standard block. But they are beautiful, well-made, and simple. Plus, they last forever and never look cheap!

SonnysMom
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.the-engraver.us/index.html
I have always liked The Engraver's stuff. I don't think they are particulary cheap.

tarynls
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:27 AM
I second The Engraver. They do beautiful work.

Mali
Jan. 5, 2010, 03:18 PM
I third The Engraver. I only purchase my engraved plates from them (dog tags, stall plates, bridle tags, halter plates).

sarcam02
Jan. 6, 2010, 02:59 PM
Decided on The Engravers (lovely to deal with ) since dd wanted a souped up plate with souped up lettering for her new souped up saddle :)

Love Quillens halters and plates. Long time devotee

Thanks for all the suggestions

TrakeGirl
Jan. 7, 2010, 10:30 AM
Decided on The Engravers (lovely to deal with ) since dd wanted a souped up plate with souped up lettering for her new souped up saddle :)

Love Quillens halters and plates. Long time devotee

Thanks for all the suggestions

Since you can't order directly from the Engravers, whom did you go through? Thanks!

(Says me who also wants a souped up plate for her new souped up saddle.)

sarcam02
Jan. 7, 2010, 11:14 AM
I called them and told them my engraving goals - they were very helpful. I dealt with Barbara. You can order from them directly or if you have a local tack shop (the list is on the web site) you can order from them.

dbtoo
Jan. 7, 2010, 08:37 PM
I know you already decided but Rossi Pet Tags makes very nice saddles plates with many, many fonts and fancy engravings available.

nzequestrian
May. 5, 2010, 10:35 AM
I have always used Bridleplates.com. FAST shipping, awesome service and better pricing. They also do the circuit in Syracuse, NY. That's where I got my first plate from them, and she's a real horse person too... I'd go with them. :)