PDA

View Full Version : Equine Hospital review IL

akstaj
Jan. 4, 2010, 01:53 PM
Looking for opinions on Kendall Road and Merrit Equine Hospitals for tie back surgery.

Gry2Yng
Jan. 4, 2010, 02:05 PM
AFAIK, they don't do surgery at Merritt.

myleetlepony
Jan. 4, 2010, 10:43 PM
AFAIK, they don't do surgery at Merritt.

Since when? He owns the only surgical suite in the area!

I'd pick neither and head up to Morrie Waud or UW. I don't trust any of the surgery clinics in IL.

perfecta11
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:51 AM
Kendall Road is great. They just built their new clinic within the last 5 years and it's really a great facility. Both Dr. MacHarg and Dr. Vacek are excellent at what they do and I'd trust them to do any surgery if it were required when we're home in IL for the summer.

Dr. Merritt's clinic is also an excellent facility and they've got lots of great vets there. I don't believe that they officially have a surgeon yet, though Dr. Chris Downs will become a certified surgeon in the next month or two and has been an excellent veterinarian in every capacity we've needed him for thus far.

Giddy-up
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:24 AM
I haven't had that surgery done, but I can say I've had very positive experiences with both vets at Kendall Road with my horses & been happy with the services.

Smiles
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:37 AM
I would go up to uw in madison. They do excellent work and have a very good reputation.

MistyPony
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:29 AM
Haven't had her do any surgeries but I've had great experiences with Dr. MacHarg.

meganp
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
We haven't done that procedure so I can't speak to that specifically.

We have had good experiances with Morrie Waud but I don't believe we have had a surgery done there. We used to use University of Illinois but don't anymore for various reasons.

snaffle635
Jan. 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
I also had a positive experience with Morrie Waud in Delavan, but my horse did not have surgery.