PDA

View Full Version : Places to refurbish saddles/boots

juniormom
Jan. 4, 2010, 12:29 AM
Someone mentioned a place in Va called George's or something like that to repair boots. I think it was in Newport News, Virginia. Could you please repost the name and/or address?

Also, we are looking for a place to send a Hermes saddle to be reflocked, redone. It is an older flat saddle. Thank you for your help!

wohlebam
Jan. 4, 2010, 01:17 PM
I don't know about the repair place in VA, but if you're looking to repair a Hermes you might want to call Hermes New York to see who they'd recommend. That way you can make sure you're getting Hermes-quality repair materials (if that's important to you). I just spoke with someone there to get a date on a saddle, and she was very helpful. The number's (212) 751-3181. Hope this helps!

juniormom
Jan. 4, 2010, 08:36 PM
Thank you for the Hermes number! I appreciate it! :) Does anyone have any other suggestions for boot repair?

showjump
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:41 AM
Depends on where you are located. Here in Tryon, NC we have a wonderful shoeman Mr. Lindner in Landrum, SC He does a wonderful job on boots, Dr. Black is excellent in leather repair. He redid my Hermes saddle for me, looks just like new.