PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Horse Grace Jacket

livetoride620
Jan. 3, 2010, 09:41 PM
So I'm moving to Vermont with a barn that has an unheated indoor from a barn in IL with a heated indoor.:sadsmile: I will be MUCH colder riding there so I'm having to gear up with warmer riding wear.

I like the Mountain Horse Grace Jacket. It looks pretty warm, but seems a little bulky, and I tend to like jackets that are more fitted. Does anyone have this one?

Any other thoughts to what some really warm riding jackets are are also appreciated.

citydog
Jan. 3, 2010, 09:43 PM
I have one. Very stiff and not particularly warm. Good for wind and rain, though, in late fall and early spring around here.

Riley0522
Jan. 3, 2010, 10:21 PM
I just got it for Xmas, have already worn it multiple times...seems pretty warm to me and mine isn't stiff at all...over all I love it :)

livetoride620
Jan. 4, 2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks for both of your opinions. What about the Mountain Horse Transition Jacket? Is that any warmer?

jaybird
Jan. 4, 2010, 12:05 PM
The MH Grace jacket is on Tack of the Day today.

jen-s
Jan. 4, 2010, 12:34 PM
Can someone tell me how the Grace runs size-wise? It says an XL is a 42. Does that take into account bulky clothes on top of a 42" bust? Thoughts, opinions?

Curvescovergirl
Jan. 7, 2010, 10:54 PM
My daughter has had a Grace Jacket for several years, it's getting quite worn. She asked for another one for Christmas...it took me quite a while to find one because they have been discontinued, but I did eventually find one at Dover Saddlery. I am in Canada and the shipping was outrageous, but she loved this jacket. She is an Equine Therapist and works in both Alberta (very cold) and here on Vancouver Island (rainy, not so cold). I own an outerwear company and make fabulous high tech outerwear (she has lots of it) but notwithstanding that, she wanted the Grace jacket.
So, it must be GOOD!

BAC
Jan. 8, 2010, 12:06 PM
Any other thoughts to what some really warm riding jackets are are also appreciated.

Get a Patagonia down "sweater." Expensive but its paper thin and super warm. You can also buy a "t-shirt" at your local ski shop, can't remember the brand, but its also exceptionally warm. The two items together are the equivalent to all my heavy weight winter clothes the salesman told me. Yet you have lots of range of movement, you're not bulked up at all in heavy clothes.

sweetpea
Jan. 8, 2010, 07:38 PM
I have one and I love it , I like a medium and I typically wear a small in everything. Very easy and sporty to ride in. Not stiff at all for the type of Jacket it is . I think I have had mine 8 years!!!