PDA

View Full Version : Big Eq: Leasing a Horse for Finals

Amigo
Jan. 3, 2010, 09:31 PM
So I have a green horse that I'm currently leasing and showing in the big eq. I'm hoping to qualify for all of the equitation finals on him, but realistically he's too green to show at finals. Since it's my last junior year I want to have a good last set of equitation finals.

So my question is how does it work? Do people lease horses just for a few months for the purpose of competing them at finals? And is it possible to get a nice horse for this reason as well or are they all mostly secured with a rider for the entire season?

virtus02
Jan. 3, 2010, 09:35 PM
It's actually very common. If you are really talking the big big eq, be prepared to be asked 40g to lease a horse for finals though if not more.

Amigo
Jan. 3, 2010, 09:36 PM
yikes! good to know definitely.

neigh.neigh
Jan. 3, 2010, 09:45 PM
It is very common, I did it very last minute this year and only leased a horse for about 10 days and showed at both USET Finals and Medal Finals. It was around 5k for those ten days.

superpony123
Jan. 3, 2010, 10:06 PM
if you want a good, experienced horse, be prepared to drop tens of thousands! thats not to say you cant find a good horse for much less, but most of the people i know who've leased a horse just for finals have paid numbers like 30K for the weekend :eek: