PDA

View Full Version : Goose Downs Farm

KaylaEQS
Jan. 3, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone! Im new here but have read posts for a few years and thought I may as well finally get into this! So Id like to start off by asking of anyone can tell me anything about Goose Downs Farm!

I was offered a position as a working student position from the middle of January until November and was curious if anyone knew anything they would be willing to share (:
It seems like a nice place and so I really hope if anyone has heard of it, they’ve got good things to say!

Thanks in advance!! :D

wsmoak
Jan. 4, 2010, 01:30 PM
Hmmm.... 80 views and no replies? Maybe you've gotten some PMs. :)

I was there for a month back in... 2000? 2002? A long time ago. I was a paying customer though, not a WS, so I had a life of leisure. :)

LISailing
Jan. 5, 2010, 09:25 PM
I looked at a few horses there in 1998 and they were very professional and friendly. The farm is not to remote for NM and fairly close to Santa Fe. The facilities are very nice and I think that you would have a good opportunity to learn quite a bit. Everyone I met was very friendly, which is a priority when pursuing employment or a place to board a horse.

Good luck with your search and if you end up in NM, please head south to San Antonio (just south of Socorro) and have a green chili cheese burger for me. They are the best burgers west of the Mississippi.