View Full Version : Any ideas for the VERY cheapest price on Tailored Sportsmans?

Gil's Girl
Jan. 3, 2010, 05:34 PM
Both new or used - any good leads for classifieds, consignment stores, big sales, etc?

I leave for Ireland to ride for the winter in a week, and need dirt cheap but nice breeches. Help!

Also, what is a kids 18 equivalent to in adult sizes, anyone know? I'm a 28 - close?

Cheers and thank you!

Jan. 3, 2010, 05:38 PM
You will be able to buy much cheaper and better quality breeches in Ireland than the Tailored Sportsman. Pikeurs will cost roughly $130 in the UK and Ireland. I bought a bunch of them while I was living in Durham, England attending graduate school

Tha Ridge
Jan. 3, 2010, 05:42 PM
A 28 isn't even remotely close to a kid's 18, I'm pretty sure. A kid's 18 is probably about a 24-26.

Jan. 3, 2010, 06:04 PM
actually, depending on shape, a kids 18 could be anywhere from a 24-28. I am a kids 14 and sometimes a 16, and i fit into 24s and 26's.

Tha Ridge
Jan. 3, 2010, 06:11 PM
Perhaps, but I'm a 28 in TS and there is NO way I could fit into a kid's breech.

Jan. 3, 2010, 06:43 PM
My kid is a 26L in TS' and she hasn't been able to wear a 16 in TS' for a while. Granted, she has long legs, but they aren't close for her.

Jan. 3, 2010, 07:22 PM
I would wait till I got there! Or order some Pickeurs!!

have had very good luck with this website, haven't bought breeches, but show coats.
http://http://www.panache-equestrian.co.uk/ (http://www.panache-equestrian.co.uk/)

If your in Connecticut, I brought maybe 10 pairs of misc. TS size 28L in for consignment to The Horseman's Exchange in Middlebury??

Jan. 3, 2010, 08:01 PM

Or call Hope at Maryland Saddlery, they always have tons!

Jan. 3, 2010, 08:35 PM
The horseman's exchange for sure! I just got two practically new pairs of tailored sportsman show breeches there! :yes:

Jan. 4, 2010, 08:52 PM
seconded, especially for gently used.

Jan. 5, 2010, 03:01 PM
reeride tack shop in tryon north carolina.. i think if you google it it should come up.. she has tons of used TS in cotton 2 way and 4 way.. reas. priced in good condition. easy to work w. too =) sometimes shes got stuff on ebay too.. and she just opened another store in ocala i think..
def worth a phone call! ( doesnt update her website much)

Jan. 5, 2010, 05:33 PM
If you fit a child's 18 well, you're most likely better off with an adult 22 or 24, depending on your shape (as mentioned by other posters). I'm 5'4", on the slimmer side, and I can fit in some brands of child's 18 -- with Ariat I fit a 22L, TS a 24, and with Pikeur either a 22L or a 24L (though I prefer their 24L). 26s tend to give me "baggy butt" syndrome.

Sorry, I can't comment on where to find cheap TS other then ebay and the clearance section of Smartpak/Dover (which, btw have some 24s in closeout). But if you decide on ordering some Pikeur, I would highly recommend Amira Equi, based in the UK. Perhaps you can have them ship some to your address in Ireland. Great prices (so much cheaper than Dover) on the Ciara knee-patch breeches.

Apr. 5, 2010, 10:01 AM
Was just updating my Smart-Pak order and I always check the sale items to see if any bargains to ship at the same time. Found Heather TS Low-rise on sale for $99.99!!! Bought my daughter a pair. They seemed to have a wide range of sizes. My guess is the color is being discontinued. For those of you who are not fashionistas and go for wearability and comfort, they're a great price!

Apr. 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
Middleburg Tack Exchange - they have a variety of like new TS for $89, in some of the hard to find colors too. You can't order online, but I'm sure you could call and arrange shipping or something.

Apr. 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
I buy new ones for $110 (schoolers), $120 (royals), $190 (supremes). PM and I'll send the link.

Apr. 5, 2010, 02:54 PM
I third (or fourth?) EBAY!

I have about 6 pairs of tailored sportsmans (schooling and show breeches) and I have never paid more than about 30 dollars per pair. I get all of mine off of ebay! :)