PDA

View Full Version : Resoling Vogel Boots?

Hunter Princess
Jan. 3, 2010, 02:50 PM
I have a pair of custom vogels that are barely two years old (not even heavily used) but the ribbed rubber sole on them has already worn down to where there is barely any tread on them, especially where the stirrup goes.

I know Vogel will replace the soles, however their pricing was at $125 + 20 shipping back, and I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any other boot repair shops. I do have a local shop at home that I generally trust, but they don't normally do riding boots.

Alternater
Jan. 3, 2010, 02:56 PM
I have a wonderful "cobbler" ( old fashioned? yes!) who has re-soled my custom Vogels over the years at a reasonable price. Never had a problem- if you trust your local shop, there really shouldn't be a problem.

JrHunterRider
Jan. 3, 2010, 03:07 PM
I eventually just sent mine back to Vogel. I looked around for shoemakers that re-soled but basically felt most comfortable with Vogel.

Dun Ciarain
Jan. 3, 2010, 10:19 PM
I took my Vogels to two different excellent local shops for different issues - both times for new heels, etc. One slathered some sort of black dye surry on the inside of the boots, and the other one coated the entire boots with some sort of instant shine coating. The instant shine started cracking immediately and could not be polished - I had to remove it with hot water - took several hours of work. Sent my boots to vogel and they came back perfect. It was well worth the price.

chawley
Jan. 4, 2010, 04:14 PM
We use a local business that does a great job and is much cheaper and quicker. I recommend checking w/ a reputable tack shop to see if they can recommend a local person first. If not, you can always send them back to Vogel.