PDA

View Full Version : PNW Independent Saddle Fitter??

horsepoor
Jan. 3, 2010, 02:36 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for an independent saddle fitter in the Pacific Northwest (preferably in the Portland area or willing to travel here)? I've worked with some of the brand-associated folks but really want to find someone that doesn't have a $$ interest in pointing me toward a particular brand. Thanks much for any leads submitted - horse is having some issues that I think are related to saddle fit and I'm looking for help fixing it without buying him a whole new saddle.

Lone
Jan. 3, 2010, 04:53 PM
I don't know of any independent fitters, but I've used John Meriwether and liked him a lot.

I got a jumping saddle through him, but he also fit my dressage saddle (different brand) and did a great job. A couple other people out of my barn had him fit saddles as well and they were all pleased with his work (none of their saddles were from the brand he's associated with).

twotrudoc
Jan. 3, 2010, 09:43 PM
I don't know any independent reps but I do know Paula Helm, she is an Albion rep but does all the saddle fitting (whatever brand you use) at the barn and for many others. She is nearer to Seattle but travels pretty often. Here is her email, maybe in the very least she can give you a name of someone?

paula.helm@gmail.com