PDA

View Full Version : our own tommygirl running Camino** video - ENJOY!!!!

RunForIt
Jan. 3, 2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/jenjoyce111

This is eventing at its best...Mark Knopfler's and Emmy Lou Harris' This is Us was just beginning on my itunes when the video starts - Tommy keeps his gallop and jumps in perfect rhythm!!!

Thanks, Jenny! :D :cool:

purplnurpl
Jan. 3, 2010, 12:09 PM
I pass Camino Real every year when driving to my dad's place in Houston.

The sign is finally gone but you can still see the barns from the highway.

so sad.

purplnurpl
Jan. 3, 2010, 12:18 PM
wow. I just watched.

here is the golden question:
How many combos were in that CCI**course?

I wish courses were still built that way. : ( It's sad for those of us who started eventing after the course design changed.

Hey Mickey
Jan. 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
That was great and looked like so much fun!!

pony grandma
Jan. 3, 2010, 01:50 PM
NICE run!! I bet that she's played that back in her head a gazillion times. A lot of good-boys going there too. Nice horse, he loves it. Great partnership. I liked the variety of fence types on the course, very well designed.

AppJumpr08
Jan. 3, 2010, 02:28 PM
THAT is what eventing is all about folks!!

Awesome.

Thanks for sharing!!

sidepasser
Jan. 3, 2010, 03:00 PM
What a wonderful video - this is how I remember it was back when I used to jump judge - lots of rolling canter and room to gallop and the flowing courses.

Very nice video and a nice horse who looks like he loves his job. I also noted Tommygirl patting him several times during her ride on x-c, very nice to see a rider telling her mount "you did good!". A very nice partnership there!

SmallHerd
Jan. 3, 2010, 03:23 PM
Beautiful! What I DIDN'T see was tugging and pulling. It was refreshing to watch. Wonderful pair, gorgeous ride!

eventer80
Jan. 3, 2010, 04:11 PM
I loved Camino!!! Wish it was still around!! I know that we have talked about it before (although I forgot), BUT what happened?

snoopy
Jan. 3, 2010, 06:13 PM
Beautiful! What I DIDN'T see was tugging and pulling. It was refreshing to watch. Wonderful pair, gorgeous ride!

Yes and that she was fast AWAY from her fences....I like to see this.:yes:

tommygirl
Jan. 3, 2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I loved that venue and my Tommy was a wonderful horse! That course had 9 combinations (there was also a bounce, double corners, and several related distances.) It was my first 2 star and they just don't design them to flow that nicely anymore. Of course, Camino had TONs of space.

purplnurpl
Jan. 3, 2010, 07:19 PM
I loved Camino!!! Wish it was still around!! I know that we have talked about it before (although I forgot), BUT what happened?

organizing issues--to put it lightly.

mcw
Jan. 3, 2010, 07:50 PM
Ah. I groomed for a friend when I was 16 at Camino. It was the first real 3 day I had ever seen. It was the weekend that I decided I wanted to be serious about my riding because I wanted to ride there one day. Thanks for the memories, and what a great ride, tommygirl!

asterix
Jan. 4, 2010, 11:06 AM
that was really great to watch. It does underscore how much things have changed.
I don't watch FEI level competition and have any real desire or even fantasy of running one, because it looks so horse unfriendly now. But I remember when I DID, because it looked more like this.

RacetrackReject
Jan. 4, 2010, 11:36 AM
Lovely Jenny!

I miss Camino too. It was such a great place and a great environment. I have alot of old photos from there of 3 days and our barn going schooling there and taking the Pony Club kids there. *sigh* I remember working the vet box, jump judging, watching Kim Severson ride He's Got Rhythm the week after she won Rolex and getting to speak to her. She was very sweet, humble, talented, and quite shy; those qualities made me one of her biggest fans. I also remember Mike Winter chatting me up about a horse and how my friend thought that Reed was the friendliest competitor that came through the vet box. The good old days.

Hey purp, I think you were very diplomatic in your "organizer issues" response..lol. Does anyone know if the not-for-profit is still in control of the land or if it could be purchased? (5 point charities I think)

CookiePony
Jan. 4, 2010, 09:43 PM
Wow, you and Tommy were amazing together, J.

This is the same horse that is now winning Adult Hunter classes!

hoofhearted
Jan. 5, 2010, 01:04 PM
Tommygirl,
Cool video. I was at Camino the last year they ran it grooming for a friend. At least I'm pretty sure it was the last year because I remember he mentioned that he never got his prize money.
Anyway, looking at your Radnor video as well. Were you missing a stirrup on cross country? What happened? I groomed at Radnor in 90 or 91. I think Denise Rath won on Galliard that year.

RacetrackReject
Jan. 5, 2010, 02:50 PM
Sadly, I think there were more than a few people who never received their money.

tommygirl
Jan. 5, 2010, 03:02 PM
Tommygirl,
Cool video. I was at Camino the last year they ran it grooming for a friend. At least I'm pretty sure it was the last year because I remember he mentioned that he never got his prize money.
Anyway, looking at your Radnor video as well. Were you missing a stirrup on cross country? What happened? I groomed at Radnor in 90 or 91. I think Denise Rath won on Galliard that year.

My right stirrup leather broke free of the saddle on landing from fence #3... I did the whole course (3 miles) with one stirrup and no jumping penalties - just time - Weeeeeeeee!

tx3dayeventer
Jan. 6, 2010, 08:11 PM
The Gasaway Family own Camino Real, the charity ran the organizational aspect of it. Last I heard Natalie (the daughter) was in LA or NY doing costume design and they still own the farm. I had many good times there at HT, 3-Days, YR camp, Pony Club, etc.

Wonderful family! I loved Camino!!!!!!!! I ran a total of 5 3-days there :D It was a huge plus for Area 5 but oh well.