PDA

View Full Version : shortening throat latches??

Jumper6252
Jan. 1, 2010, 11:10 PM
I have a bridle for my horse and the throat latch is too long. Can you have the throat latch shortened??

watcher
Jan. 1, 2010, 11:11 PM
Yes. They take the buckle off, cut it shorter, and sew the buckle back on.

SkipChange
Jan. 1, 2010, 11:14 PM
Who could do that and how much would it cost?
ETA: looks like Beval could do it for me, and it's a beval bridle so that might be a good choice for me for ~$21 (estimate on website) i think.

superpony123
Jan. 2, 2010, 12:03 PM
probably any saddle shop could do it (one with a repair guy i mean) and a shoe shop might be able to do it too, however i don't think i'd trust the shoe man with anything other than shoes :lol: i think your best bet is to go with beval

LookinSouth
Jan. 2, 2010, 12:17 PM
Yes. Kurt at Smith Worthington could do it. I am pretty sure the Shoe Smith in downtown Willimantic could do it as well ( but I'd bring it in and ask beforehand). The shoe smith guy custom fit Ariat crown pro half chaps for me that I bought a full size too big for a steal on Ebay. He did a beautiful job and it was only 50.00. I'd be shocked if they charged you 20.00 to shorten a throatlatch.
http://www.theshoesmith.com/repairs.htm

Jumper6252
Jan. 2, 2010, 05:59 PM
Yes. Kurt at Smith Worthington could do it. I am pretty sure the Shoe Smith in downtown Willimantic could do it as well ( but I'd bring it in and ask beforehand). The shoe smith guy custom fit Ariat crown pro half chaps for me that I bought a full size too big for a steal on Ebay. He did a beautiful job and it was only 50.00. I'd be shocked if they charged you 20.00 to shorten a throatlatch.
http://www.theshoesmith.com/repairs.htm

Do you know if the guy that fit your half chaps replaces tall boot zippers? I have a pair of Beval Puissance boots that I need new zippers put in on.

LookinSouth
Jan. 2, 2010, 07:13 PM
Do you know if the guy that fit your half chaps replaces tall boot zippers? I have a pair of Beval Puissance boots that I need new zippers put in on.

I am willing to bet he can. Take the boots into the Shoe smith and show him the issue. He'll tell you if he can fix it, very nice, helpful guy.:)

Jumper6252
Jan. 2, 2010, 07:37 PM
thanks!