PDA

View Full Version : AQHA/NCQHA hunter jump heights

irideponyhunters
Jan. 1, 2010, 09:36 PM
Can someone please tell me the jump heights for the following classes in aqha/ncqha:

Working Hunter-Youth
Jumping-Youth
Equitation Over Fences- Youth

thanks!

Muleskick
Jan. 2, 2010, 12:40 AM
Can someone please tell me the jump heights for the following classes in aqha/ncqha:

Working Hunter-Youth
Jumping-Youth
Equitation Over Fences- Youth

thanks!

Jumping 3'6" to 4', Youth Working Hunter 3' to 3'3", Novice Youth Working Hunter 2'6" to 2'9", Youth Equitation 2'6" to 3", Novice Youth Equitation 2'6" to 2'9".
If you have not shown AQHA before you should take advantage of the novice program it is for riders that have not shown and earned points in aqha events.

apachepony
Jan. 2, 2010, 09:58 AM
I've watched a number of AQHA shows in Raleigh and the jumps are often set between 2' and 3'. Most often they seem to be ~2'6.

Try pm'ing Eden Roc. She's been venturing over to QH hunters in NC for the past few years.

Apparently at state fair (I think) last year they decided to set the jumps at the heights muleskick listed, and everyone showing basically freaked out. The jumps are almost never set to height around here apparently. They talked to the judge and they agreed to lower the jumps quite a bit.

If you go, i'd be prepared to jump the height, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to.

shawneeAcres
Jan. 2, 2010, 10:26 AM
We show a good bit at NCQHA shows, with the exception of the fair, as noted above, the jumps are usually set at 2'6" - 2'9" and not changed. Mostly so that they don't have to change jumps heights, and as most of the horses showing are doing the green, amateur and youth and not the open. A good place to show O/F AQHA is the MArtinganza show in February, we usually do that show. They have O/F at Lake Waccamaw sometimes and a few other shows, but not as many as I'd like to see! If we could get mre QH owners that do the O/F to come and show they would offer it at more shows! Contact David Massey, the President of NCQHA at david@masseyre.com and tell him of your interest. The people that do show O/F are very nice, and many of them also do hunter shows like we do.

Plumcreek
Jan. 2, 2010, 02:20 PM
Adding that the AQHA judges seminar, just concluded, was concentrated on the Hunter Under Saddle and Over Fences Classes, and they had presentatuions by very knowegable people. The judges are again being asked to judge the HUS class and the flat portion of the Hunter Hack by the rules, which call for a hunter frame - leval or slighrtly above head carriage. (This does not mean 6" above level, that still will be a waste of entry fee, most likely.) However, if your horse is a nice huntery mover and can go in the level - slightly above frame, you should be able to do those classes and get looked at.

irideponyhunters
Jan. 2, 2010, 02:50 PM
We do hunters. We just got champion in our division. and we might be doing childrens pony on the A circuit. Shes a very hunter type pony. How high are the novice jump heights for AQHA and NCQHA?

shawneeAcres
Jan. 2, 2010, 03:47 PM
you do not see very many Novice classes offered over fences at all, I think the state fair was the only show that offered novice youth classes, but the jump heights are the same