PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Boarding in Great Falls, VA

PaintPony
Jan. 1, 2010, 09:20 PM
Hi there,
I need to move my horse to Great Falls by February. I grew up there and am familiar with all the old standbys. Most are full right now.

Does anyone have any tips on places that don't advertise but still take boarders? Are there any places back off of Seneca Rd? Looking for a place with a decent ring and reliable care.

TIA!

gottagrey
Jan. 1, 2010, 11:19 PM
Can't help you in Great Falls - except for the usual places. Might try Rokeby off 123/GW Parkway. Haven't been by there for several years but I thought it still had boarding etc. Know of some places in Potomac - perhaps not too far from Great Falls. Know of one place that I think might have a stall available. Let me know if you need contact info for that place

lovemyoldguy
Jan. 2, 2010, 12:50 AM
I don't know that there's much around here any more by way of larger facilities with rings...most have been sold for development. Southdown, etc are probably full. I would definitely call the Saddlery on Walker Road - now owned by a woman named Sarah who was super helpful to me a couple of years ago when I moved my horse back home.