PDA

View Full Version : I'm HOME!!!!!! and thank you all so much...

RunForIt
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:30 PM
...for all the good wishes! I am lucky in many, many ways - all of you being one huge blessing that I will never stop treasuring. Will write more once I'm through reassuring Arlo and Kerry that Mom is truly home...difficult enough to type with this damn halo, no, wait....this LOVELY halo holding my head in place, without JRT in lap and Aussie's head flipping up my hand every other letter! :lol:

Jingles work. My doctor assurred me that if I do what he tells me to do, there is absolutely no reason why I can't ride and run again soon after he removes the halo (12 weeks from this past Wednesday!!!!!). Many hugs to all of you. :D :cool:

cinnabar
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:31 PM
Yea!! Hugs back to you!

Auburn
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:35 PM
I am so happy to hear that you are well enough to come home. :D We were very worried about you!

Zu Zu
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:40 PM
WELCOME HOME !!!! How grand to be home for NEW YEAR"S DAY ! Jingles for you ~ do what your doctor says so you can ride again !!!! Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ AO ~ AO ~ Always Optimistic !!!

JER
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:40 PM
Yippee! What a good New Year's present.

I hope your 12 weeks as an angel are stress- and pain-free -- and many wishes for excellent healing.

catmchorse
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hooray! Glad to hear you are home and cheerful and that everything should turn out okay.

LLDM
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:46 PM
Great to hear you're home! Do NOT do what I did and go too fast! And please hug your wonderful hubby and thank him for getting you to the doctor/hospital ASAP! Good Boy! :D

SCFarm

Miriam
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:48 PM
Hooray!! I'm so glad to hear that you're home again and on the mend. May the twelve weeks fly by quickly.

FuzzyTB
Jan. 1, 2010, 03:49 PM
Great news - congrats! Enjoy the "halo" while you can! :-)

IFG
Jan. 1, 2010, 04:26 PM
Awesome!:)

EventingChase
Jan. 1, 2010, 04:27 PM
Yay! Glad you are home. Let me know if you need anything!

scubed
Jan. 1, 2010, 04:35 PM
Great news. Follow orders and we look forward to seeing you and Rasta out and about in the new season.

eventgroupie2
Jan. 1, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hugs from VA and jingles for a complete and speedy recovery!

elizabeth Callahan
Jan. 1, 2010, 04:52 PM
Great to see you back typing here! Jingles for a speedy recovery

Donkey
Jan. 1, 2010, 04:58 PM
Best of luck for your recovery!

deltawave
Jan. 1, 2010, 05:20 PM
Great news to start the year! Stay well, be strong, this will be a spring you will look forward to like no other. :)

AppJumpr08
Jan. 1, 2010, 05:36 PM
Yay!! Glad to see you're home and on the mend!!!

CookiePony
Jan. 1, 2010, 05:42 PM
Got your message-- I was hoping they'd send you home today! Hip hip hooray!! :D

Jleegriffith
Jan. 1, 2010, 05:57 PM
So glad you are home and I am hoping you make a speedy recovery.

yellowbritches
Jan. 1, 2010, 06:00 PM
Yay!!! Glad you're home!!!! I've been thinking about you!

Do as the doctor says and don't be a hero! You're fit and active...those types usually heal faster as long as they follow the rules.

Go give your dogs some love.:yes:

HorsesinHaiti
Jan. 1, 2010, 06:03 PM
Glad to have you back on the boards, we were worried.

wsmoak
Jan. 1, 2010, 06:28 PM
Welcome home!

AEM74
Jan. 1, 2010, 06:30 PM
Thank you for the update! So good to hear you're on the mend and that your glass is half-full.

kookicat
Jan. 1, 2010, 06:31 PM
Fantastic news! :D

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 1, 2010, 06:43 PM
That's fantastic news!!! Just in time for the nice Spring weather :)

Glad to hear it is all good news and glad you are back at home with your loved ones!!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Timex
Jan. 1, 2010, 07:11 PM
Yay! Glad to see you back!

eponacowgirl
Jan. 1, 2010, 07:14 PM
YAY! So glad! The middle TN contingent was worried about you!

Debbie
Jan. 1, 2010, 07:44 PM
So glad you are home and doing well. I bet your puppies are ecstatic.

asterix
Jan. 1, 2010, 09:29 PM
yay!!! congratulations!!! Remember the patience and the lovely small victories required of rehabbing a horse...this will pay off for you, too!!!!
very glad to hear you are home!

3horsemom
Jan. 1, 2010, 09:56 PM
good news! i hope that you are back in the saddle soon!

jn4jenny
Jan. 2, 2010, 08:13 AM
Glad you're back home, RFI! Just think of all the money you'll save by not riding for three months...hmm, maybe you can afford that Stackhouse after all (insert evil smile here) :)

Thomas_1
Jan. 2, 2010, 08:23 AM
Glad you're back home from your Christmas holiday in hospital ;)

Take it easy. Don't be an impatient patient and listen to what your body (and doctor) are telling you.

selah
Jan. 2, 2010, 08:28 AM
Ditto, Kudos, & Jingles:yes:

frugalannie
Jan. 2, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hooray! Home to get some good canine and DH attention.

Take very good care of yourself and come here anytime you need to chat.

Happy New Year!

Black Points
Jan. 2, 2010, 12:20 PM
Run For It,

So glad you are home and optimistic! That's the way to be.

I have a friend who had a bale of straw dropped on her head (from the loft) during a power failure when the barn was being mucked out. She also broke her neck and had a halo. She did what the Dr. said and starting back riding when she was told she could. She didn't jump right away but now competes in hunters/jumpers and does quite well. So hang in there and you'll be fine and in the saddle again...may your recovery time go quickly!

Mary in western NY

RunForIt
Jan. 2, 2010, 03:17 PM
Glad you're back home, RFI! Just think of all the money you'll save by not riding for three months...hmm, maybe you can afford that Stackhouse after all (insert evil smile here) :)

Ha! No, no new saddle...Rasta is spending winter and spring in Aiken...I'll go over weekends in April and May to learn to ride again. :cool: It's easier to be positive when your DH is willing to sacrifice some $$$$ in order to make sure that horsie will be getting trained well while you're healing. Of course, considering its in the teens right now with wind chill, and will be single digits tonight with wind chill and same DH is out readying barn for horses to live in at night til the temps get back to the mid 20s (we don't have run-in sheds), I'm gonna have a LOT of being extra sweet to do...:yes: :D :cool:

SevenDogs
Jan. 2, 2010, 03:51 PM
Awwww...hubby sounds like a keeper! Glad you are on the mend. Hope the halo isn't too uncomfortable -- the dogs probably wonder what you have to do to end up with an industrial strength cone like that! ;)

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

foundationmare
Jan. 2, 2010, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear that you're home and on the road to recovery. Best wishes to you for everything to get back in place, well healed, and in short order!

RiverBendPol
Jan. 3, 2010, 08:25 AM
Good morning, RFI! Did you get any sleep? Hope so. Also, check your PMs, I sent you one back yesterday. No response needed. Till Aiken!:winkgrin:

BBowen
Jan. 4, 2010, 12:56 AM
So thrilled to see you back on the boards and learn that you are home!!! Such good news about riding in the future. Continuing to send prayers and jingles for a speedy recovery.

eventerwannabe
Jan. 4, 2010, 10:24 AM
Glad to hear you're home and doing well. These next 12 weeks will fly by and March will be here before you know it!!!

monstrpony
Jan. 4, 2010, 10:35 AM
Glad you're home and will make a full recovery, even if it takes a few weeks!

missamandarose
Jan. 4, 2010, 11:29 AM
OMG!

I become completely disconnected from my "on line" life when I'm on vacation, and I had no idea this even happened! I'm such a schmuck!

SO glad to hear that you are home and on a positive road to recovery! (and now a fe FB posts make sense....)

Bensmom
Jan. 4, 2010, 11:55 AM
Amanda -- I had the same reaction to the early FB posts -- wtf is going on?!!!

So glad to hear that you are at home and that Rasta is on vacation in SC -- what a treat, even if you won't be there with him for now.

Sounds like Billy is taking REALLY good care of you! Good boy, for sure!

So, how will you wrangle the kids in your halo? Guess you can really intimidate them and make them think you have special powers to know if they are thinking about misbehaving before they even do anything with your knew scientific brain wave reading apparatus! ;) :lol:

Hugs and hope you continue to heal quickly!

Libby

Fred
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:12 AM
Great news to start the year! Stay well, be strong, this will be a spring you will look forward to like no other. :)

couldn't say it better.
sending giant jingles for a full recovery.

ZEBE
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:52 PM
hi again. ..sent a PM earlier... so happy to hear you are back home... we just got back from Rochester tonite and catching up.

RunForIt
Jan. 5, 2010, 08:56 PM
hi again. ..sent a PM earlier... so happy to hear you are back home... we just got back from Rochester tonite and catching up.

I was soooo happy to hear from you...got the PM, will write more tomorrow. Love to you and all you love!

Lynda

Noctis
Jan. 5, 2010, 09:09 PM
*hugs* Glad you're HOME! Now you need a cattle prod for kid containment ;-) This I can supply :D

TBBoysMom
Jan. 6, 2010, 08:03 PM
This is the crappiest time of year anyway, weatherwise! Now you don't have to try and convince yourself that you need to go outside and ride! When you're ready to resume, it'll be bee-u-ti-ful Spring (cue the birds chirping)! Seriously, though, glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.