PDA

View Full Version : Best Event Forum Posts of the Year!

retreadeventer
Dec. 31, 2009, 08:07 PM
Best Event Posts of the Year:

BornfreeNowexpensive:
-- The one where she tactfully explains that there is a difference between someone who can ride, and someone who can SCHOOL a horse

JLGriffith:
--Where she remarks on shoes hurting her own feet at work and how horses must feel when their shoes don't fit

Denny:
-- Some good ones about the way things were, and how they should be...

Others:
--Run For It's Christmas message with its refreshing joy and good wishes for all...her tactful post about Wash Bishop's passing here : http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204255

Dr. Doolittle's usual LONG responses to ANYTHING....

LAZ's usual good sense about anything to do with eventing....

Who else?

Who else has written a memorable post this year for you? (I'm sorry I don't have links to the actual comments above but maybe someone on a quicker connection can quickly find them and link them.) If you remember a really good post link it here.

KateWooten
Dec. 31, 2009, 09:02 PM
eponacowgirl's Prince Charming story :D

Brigitte
Jan. 1, 2010, 10:58 AM
Eventer AJ - Her posts show her respect for the horse and our sport.

Rescue_Rider9
Jan. 1, 2010, 11:43 AM

Oh count me in on that one! Def. my fav from 2009! Gives girls hope everywhere! I now secertly miss the days where my horse would break her halter and run free! :D I do live on a main high way!

eponacowgirl
Jan. 1, 2010, 01:09 PM

Which would only be better if Prince Charming had shown up for his New Years kiss.

Instead I had to bribe my spaniel mix to get off the couch to lick my cheek at midnight. :sigh:

purplnurpl
Jan. 1, 2010, 01:28 PM
LexInVA's signature lines.

priceless

eponacowgirl
Jan. 1, 2010, 01:29 PM
LexInVA's signature lines.

priceless

OMG! Isn't that the truth. Pretty much anything Lex says makes me snort. :lol:

FuzzyTB
Jan. 1, 2010, 02:19 PM
Love the prince charming story! Hoping for a happy ending in 2010!

mcw
Jan. 3, 2010, 12:44 PM
So epona... I evidently missed the Prince Charming post earlier this year. However, I do know a guy that is pretty cute, drives a silver truck, has a construction related job, truck is always very clean, he always smells good, and lives and works in the area. Do you have any other details on the truck? I may know your Prince Charming...

eponacowgirl
Jan. 3, 2010, 04:00 PM
I'm fairly certain the truck was a half ton Dodge, but not 100%. He was driving south on Nolensville road that day, though he may have been getting off at 840.

Umm... dark hair, I think.

At any rate, there is only one way for me to find out... and that is for you to set me up with him! :lol:

RunForIt
Jan. 3, 2010, 05:10 PM
...for any help they could offer as he began to deal with his FEI imposed suspension:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217630&highlight=michael+pollard

so refreshing for a horseman like Michael to openly recognize and seek out the possible information and assistance he could get from the wealth of collective experience and talent represented on the COTH eventing forum...class act is Michael, as is his wife. :cool:

retreadeventer
Jan. 3, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hey, I'd forgotten about that one! Good on ya!

How about finding one of Denny's good posts?

I know there are more. Keep looking, guys!