PDA

View Full Version : Antares Helmets

Made In Canada
Dec. 31, 2009, 11:55 AM
Anyone have one? What do you think?
What are your opinions of them? Like/dislike?

norcalammie
Dec. 31, 2009, 10:33 PM
Just got one a week or so ago that I won in a raffle. It is light weight and fits well and I am getting used to it as lower profile than my previous helmet so I was always pushing down on it in the beginning.

Think I am going to like it but will add something in the front as I am a sweater and there is no sweat band or anything in the forehead area.

I have the black pretty plain model and had to play a bit with the inserts to get the right fit - use 2 different sizes and viola fits like a dream.

Philosopher
Jan. 1, 2010, 10:02 PM
I tried a few on last summer. It is nice that not only the aesthetics are custom but also the inside i.e. what type of lining/foam you want. But the price is so exorbitant that I could not justify it in any way. I could save and afford one, but I wouldn't want a helmet so expensive that I would hesitate to replace it after a fall. I know for some people money is literally no issue but as for me I am perfectly content with CO.

RiderBreeder
Jan. 2, 2010, 11:13 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. You won't have any pressure on your forehead - no red mark after wearing the helmet at a show all day. Lightweight and the vents actually do something unlike other "vented" helmets. Also they are quite beautiful. ;)

The fit was perfect and I got mine on sale - much cheaper than a GPA speed air.

Made In Canada
Jan. 2, 2010, 11:27 AM
I really need a new helmet, my CO is old and is rather...errr...ripe :lol:. I would love to get the air speed but tried on the Antares and really liked it too. The fit is different from other helmets but it did feel like the air could move through much easier than with other helmets. I am also curious to it's "acceptance" in the show ring. I like to be different, but not TOO different! ;)
I will keep the CO for the equitation classes and the rare time I migt venture in to the hunter ring. I focus mainly on jumpers.