PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: faxing in a pre-entry

tarheelmd07
Dec. 30, 2009, 02:06 PM
So this is my first time sending in an entry for a rated hunter show, and since the deadline for pre-entries is today, I'm going to fax it in - but I have a quick question:

If I was mailing it in, I'd assume that I'd send an open check for the show with my entry form, then fill it in when I check out at the show, right? But, since I'm faxing the entry in, what do I do about the check? Do I photocopy my check and fax a copy of that?

Thanks for helping out a clueless newbie cross-over from the event world :D

dab
Dec. 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
Read the prize list, but most shows that accept faxed entries don't expect you to send a check -- If there's space on the entry form for credit card info, that's expected if you're not sending a check -- Otherwise, you're usually required to give the secretary a check when you pick up your number --

monalisa
Dec. 30, 2009, 02:54 PM
You are typically required to pay for your stall though, when you send your entry in. I would not worry about giving them an open check until you get to the show, but expect to pay for a stall in order to reserve one.

CBoylen
Dec. 30, 2009, 03:58 PM
You need to mail the stall check asap. Then bring your open check to the office when you get there. Check the prizelist carefully, there aren't many shows that take faxed entries.

Buglet
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:45 PM
I'm assuming you are talking about the McDonogh show. You can just fax in your entry and give them a check when you pick your number up. I always fax mine to them when I show there, and I always just give them an open check when I pick up my number.
The entry forms do not ask for the owner, rider, or trainers USEF #'s, but they are asking everyone to make sure you put it on the entry form or fax copies of your USEF cards with the entry form.
Good Luck!

tarheelmd07
Dec. 31, 2009, 08:27 AM
thanks for the help! entry faxed in yesterday and looking forward to this weekend...as long as we don't get more snow!