PDA

View Full Version : On-line kids consignment clothes?

Hunter Mom
Dec. 30, 2009, 11:11 AM
I'm keeping an eye on eBay, but wondered - are there any good online sites that have used or consignment kids show clothes? DD has outgrown everything!

Quin
Dec. 30, 2009, 12:56 PM
Do you live near enough to any other show barns to be able to stop by? I think a lot of barns have an in-barn consignment shelf, and right after Christmas should be a good time. Call around and ask if they have anything.

Or are there any winter shows coming up that you go to? There's one at White Fox Manor in Overland Park on 1/23-1/24. If that's not too far away, come Saturday morning and ask the office if you could post a "kids clothing wanted" sign on their bulletin board. List all desired items/sizes with tear-off tags giving your phone number. Some bigger kid who just got new stuff for Christmas might be very happy to sell.

ChocoMare
Dec. 30, 2009, 01:00 PM
Bits and Barter probably has what you want.

http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/index.cgi

It's free - buy, sell, trade.

ponymom64
Dec. 30, 2009, 01:05 PM
I've been getting alot of my DD's things from eBay lately and have had OK luck. I can't always find what I need exactly when I need it but so far it has worked out. Also, Beval will be having their big sale in February, I usually do well there. There is also a consignment store in Wellington, but I can't remember the name.

What sizes are you looking for? I wonder if anything we've outgrown will suit your DD.....

Hunter Mom
Dec. 30, 2009, 02:14 PM
Do you live near enough to any other show barns to be able to stop by? I think a lot of barns have an in-barn consignment shelf, and right after Christmas should be a good time. Call around and ask if they have anything.

Or are there any winter shows coming up that you go to? There's one at White Fox Manor in Overland Park on 1/23-1/24. If that's not too far away, come Saturday morning and ask the office if you could post a "kids clothing wanted" sign on their bulletin board. List all desired items/sizes with tear-off tags giving your phone number. Some bigger kid who just got new stuff for Christmas might be very happy to sell.

We had talked about going to the show at WFM - I would love to take my new boy - but I'm not sure if my trainer will be in town that weekend or not. I haven't checked with any of the other barns yet - but we do usually have a "used tack" sale at our March show, too. I'll have to see what there is.

Limerick
Dec. 30, 2009, 03:30 PM
I've been selling my daughters' outgrown stuff on ebay and doing well. You need to be persistent in looking for stuff but it's out there. Jackets are really cheap on ebay!

I have heard that Middleburg Tack Exchange have a great consignment section.

PM, the year I was spectating at WEF, the consignment store was closing and moving to Aiken I believe.

BABYGREENTB
Dec. 30, 2009, 03:57 PM
I have heard that Middleburg Tack Exchange have a great consignment section.

Middleburg Tack Exchange is entirely consignment/overstocks. They do have a decent children's section.

Limerick
Dec. 30, 2009, 04:37 PM
Middleburg Tack Exchange is entirely consignment/overstocks. They do have a decent children's section.
:lol:I knew that at some point. Thanks for the correction.

Quin
Dec. 30, 2009, 07:15 PM
We had talked about going to the show at WFM - I would love to take my new boy - but I'm not sure if my trainer will be in town that weekend or not. I haven't checked with any of the other barns yet - but we do usually have a "used tack" sale at our March show, too. I'll have to see what there is.

Actually, the more I think about it - if you're going to be in KC anytime this month, call WFM and ask about putting up a sign right now. You really want it on the bulletin board Friday night before the show, when several barns come in to school - and the parents, who have outgrown clothes in the closet, are standing around looking at the bulletin board because there's not much else for them to do.

I don't think we're showing - DH has a prior obligation that weekend, and MyLittlePony has one of those wonderful mystery lameness things (stifle? growth spurt? back pain? vet is throwing darts at the dartboard, I think). So I'm probably out of it too.

The problem with waiting until March is that some of the nicest stuff will have been sold by then. And, of course, if your DD wants to WEAR it at the show, it's hard to BUY it at the show.

Hunter Mom
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:41 PM
Am I missing the clothes part of Middleburg's website? All I could find was saddles listed.

Dec. 30, 2009, 09:16 PM
Our barn has a lot of gently used, high quality kids' show clothes, etc (and even a Beval saddle size 14 1/2) from size 6-16. I was going to start listing it on eBay but have not had the time. Just let me know what you are looking for and I will provide you with descriptions, send photos, etc.

MIKES MCS
Dec. 31, 2009, 10:30 AM
You have a PM

piaffequeen
Dec. 31, 2009, 11:55 AM
Think there is a place in NJ called Pegusus' Closet? You may want to google-saw an ad in Reins & Manes mag.

headsupheelsdown
Dec. 31, 2009, 12:10 PM
If you are in the Chicagoland area, you can go to Second Round in Barrington to buy and sell!

It is on Rt 59 in Barrington, right by the train tracks... Note that Rt 59 in Barrington is called "Hough Street" and Rt 59 has exits on both 88 to the far south and 90 to the south. They are just around the corner from Lake Cook Road and Northwest Highway (rt14). If you are at Barrington Saddlery or Saddlers Row you are no more than 10-15 minutes away fronm Second Round from either of those. Their number is 847-304-8084.

You have to go often and check on what is in at any given time... it's a good excuse for me to take the drive and look for some good deals and then have a french dip sandwich at Chessies!