PDA

View Full Version : Method Leather Wipes

caseyann
Dec. 30, 2009, 09:59 AM
Does anybody have any experience using the Method Leather Wipes on tack? It seems like they'd be an inexpensive quick-clean option after daily rides.

BAC
Dec. 30, 2009, 10:30 AM
Never heard of them but Lexol makes a tack wipe, which seems to be popular with some people. I prefer to just wipe down with a damp sponge and then do a more thorough job when I have time. Seems like wipes would get expensive if you use them after each ride.

Jo
Dec. 30, 2009, 10:38 AM
I buy the Armoral leather wipes - just as good (IMO) and cheaper than tack-specific wipes.

caseyann
Dec. 30, 2009, 10:57 AM
Good point about the cost- I just had some leftover from other purposes and thought I'd give them a try. And I didn't even think about going in the garage for the auto wipes. So I did a quick cost comparison based on prices I found on Google...

Belvior 66c/wipe
Lexol 29c/wipe
Lexol pH 28c/wipe
ArmorAll 25c/wipe
Method 20c/wipe

Jo
Dec. 30, 2009, 11:43 AM
Good analysis - I'll check out Method then! :)

SarahandSam
Dec. 30, 2009, 04:42 PM
I picked up some cheap leather wipes at the car parts store with the same idea... my barn doesn't have hot water. (: Unfortunately, those particular leather wipes seemed to make my saddle shiny and slick... which I suppose is what a car person must want, but not so much a rider... would love to hear how the Method ones are!

Are there Murphy's wipes out there? I keep thinking there must be but always forget to look.