PDA

View Full Version : Looking for short-term boarding in VA

risingstarfarm
Dec. 29, 2009, 10:56 PM
I am looking for a short-term boarding barn in Virginia (before shipping horse home). I had a friend that used someone short term (about 2 weeks) after the Virginia Professional Auction and they had a good experience but they can't remember the name of the barn. Can anyone make some suggestions?

Thanks!

larosa90
Dec. 29, 2009, 11:28 PM
Sending you a PM.

SidesaddleRider
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:13 AM
My friend, Patricia Ramey, runs Blue Ridge Farm in Upperville, VA (500+ acres). PAS has called her several times before to do short-term boarding when buyers who purchase horses/ponies at the sale have to arrange for shipping, so I know she has no problem with it. Stalls are 14 x 14 with dutch doors, and they get private turnout. Let me know if you would like her phone #.

shawneeAcres
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:18 AM
Not sure that this will help you, but we offer short temr, long term, layovers etc at our farm in Eastern NC and could accomodate a horse for two weeks., We are right off I-95 so extremely convinient for shippers, PM if we can assist you! We may go to the PAS sale end of January

SaddleFitterVA
Dec. 30, 2009, 07:12 PM
I might be able to help you in January.

Since I'm sending Bali out to an indoor...probably the one larosa is sending you a PM about, and that is also a good spot.