PDA

View Full Version : Just booked my trip to Ocala!!

dorytuo
Dec. 29, 2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry, I'm very excited. I've only shown a couple times, but I'm going to HITS Ocala with my trainer and I'm super excited! Just wanted to get that out.
Thanks!!
:D

AmandaandTuff
Dec. 29, 2009, 08:24 PM
I loved my time in Ocala! Hit some tack shops and the Paddock Room right off the main drag for me :)

RyuEquestrian
Dec. 29, 2009, 08:29 PM
Enjoy! I loved it so much after the first time I went that we moved there!

AmandaandTuff
Dec. 29, 2009, 08:48 PM
I'll be moving down for a job in the Fall :D

birdsong
Dec. 29, 2009, 09:05 PM
Good for you...certainly the place to be during these cold winter months....check out the Farms if you get a chance too.

jrzeqrider
Dec. 29, 2009, 09:07 PM
Yayy!! I went for the first time two years ago and had a blast. Wasn't able to go last year, but going again in March... Now if only I can convince my professors horseshows are a legit reason to miss two weeks of class. ;)

dorytuo
Dec. 29, 2009, 09:57 PM
Ooo! What are some good farms down there to visit??

who22
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:26 PM
I am in Ocala NOW for all of circuit!!! I am happy to report that it was 70 and sunny today! A far cry from the foot of snow my parents said they got at home in northern IL. I am working as a groom at the show for a farm I work for out of NY (although no one is really here yet). It's soooo nice. We (us 3 grooms) have a house rented from the show, and I am able to watch Aaron Vale jump his horses around in the field right out my bedroom window. His barn is in our backyard! We have our own barn right by the main hunter ring, so we won't really have to walk very far since we mainly have hunters... couldn't imagine being in the tents. Yuck! I've never been before now either, and it's fabulous already! Even with nothing going on! Perhaps I'll see you around!

Kaelurus
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:31 PM
Ooo! What are some good farms down there to visit??

Start by taking the back roads, and just driving! After that, two of my favorites are Live Oak Stud (Chester Weber's farm) and Robert's Quarter Horses. If you can get into Robert's, its probably one of the most ridiculous places you'll ever see. Its like Versailles does Ocala...

nadasy
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:36 PM
Have the BEST TIME!! I stayed with a friend of mine (from grade school) for six weeks last Winter, and her farm is right behind HITS. It was spectacular, and great fun seeing all the students and trainers hacking over to the grounds right by the farm. It was lots of fun for my horse, and he learned so much just being in the 'midst' of it, without actually being there. :lol:

Good Luck and enjoy your stay. Lots of great stuff to do!

Van Gogh
Dec. 31, 2009, 07:44 PM
I didn't put Ocala on the schedule this year because there wasn't enough interest last year...... BUT I just put it back on- I have a bunch of people that want to go! YAY ME! I'm so excited!