PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Trainers in Virginia?

ridingschmedly
Dec. 29, 2009, 04:49 PM
Hi all!

So, I am a hunter and I have a young and talented horse and we have been working at the hunter style for a while. Every time someone new (other than my trainer) sees him jump they always freak out and tell me we should be doing jumpers! He does have a very cute jump and picks his knees high and his form is good. He is a solid jumper as I have trotted him over a 3 foot, and he cleared it with ease. I was thinking of starting some jumpers since, I am a bit of a dare devil myself and would like to be doing some higher and more challenging things. If anyone knows of a good jumping trainer in Virginia willing to train a young horse with a willing rider... let me know!

P.S. PM are welcome :)

BAC
Dec. 29, 2009, 04:54 PM
My first thought when I hear jumpers and VA is Joe Fargis, although I don't think he trains other people (but maybe I am wrong). And he is probably in FL now anyway.

monalisa
Dec. 29, 2009, 04:58 PM
Don't know where you are located, but you might consider Gordon Reistrup in Lexington, VA. He winters his horses at the VA Horse Center. He also trains the W & L Riding Team.

jse
Dec. 29, 2009, 05:08 PM
You have a PM.

ridingschmedly
Dec. 29, 2009, 05:45 PM
I live in Stafford but my horse resides in Spotsy!

Rockfish
Dec. 29, 2009, 06:12 PM
Gegi Winslette (local to Spotsy), Sandra Ruiz (might be doing FL), Monique Bernardo, Joe Fargis (does take on a few student, probably in FL now), Gavin Moylen (i think that's his name) are a few to try.

ridingschmedly
Dec. 30, 2009, 01:52 PM
Thank you for all your help guys! My trainer was so excited to hear aobut my getting interested in jumping she went ahead and found a trainer for me :) Thank you all again!

Rockfish
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:26 PM
^ who'd she end up contacting?