PDA

View Full Version : Easyboot EDGE - anyone used it on ice/snow?

outridin'
Dec. 29, 2009, 04:07 PM
Im looking for a boot to use just on those days when our trails are slippery and reading the manufacturers website at Easy care, they say that the Edge boot has larger treads that make it grip on ice and snow. Just wondering if anyone has used them in this type of riding condition and whether they worked as described or if you think the regular, basic easyboot would be just as effective? I have used the basic boots and they stay on really well, so if theres no difference I dont want to waste money on the Edge. I also cant seem to locate anyone selling studs for the basic boots, so thats why Im considering the Edge.

BigHorseLittleHorse
Dec. 30, 2009, 12:59 PM
I have a pair for my horse's front feet - I haven't used them on ice, but when I ride in the mud, I don't feel like they give any better traction than going barefoot. So I'm betting they wouldn't do much for ice, either. If I had to use them on ice, I would probably install studs...

outridin'
Dec. 30, 2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks! have you ever used the studs? on the easycare website they say you screw them in- I would guess you have to drill a hole in the sole of the boot- if anyone has used the studs, I am also wondering if they stay in well, or do they tend to fall out- should I order lots of extra studs when I do manage to find any? or give up on the idea!