View Full Version : Bow Balance stirrups

Dec. 29, 2009, 02:27 PM
Has anyone tried these? I have ankle pain thanks to old injury and normal irons make it hard to ride for long periods of time. I heard the wider foot bed and the curve these have relieve a lot of stress of the joints and help eliminate pain? Anyone have experiences with these? I want to hear some testimonies before I drop 200 on a pair of stirrups. TIA!

Dec. 29, 2009, 03:03 PM
I have an old ankle injury (fractured it in 2 places and it has some screws and a plate in it) and I love my Bow Balance stirrups. They have helped me so much - my ankles used to ache and be so stiff after I rode - it hurt to dismount. No more since I got my Bow Balance!

However, I know people with ankle problems and jointed stirrups actually make the pain worse - they don't offer the stability that the non-jointed stirrups have. If you have tried jointed stirrups and liked them, I would think you would like these a lot - because IMO they are way better than the original Herm Sprenger. I do think it depends on personal preference and what type of ankle problems you have.

Dec. 29, 2009, 10:17 PM
I LOVE mine! I had a really bad problem with rolling my ankles and my foot going numb. These stirrups fixed the problem. There are about 6 different people in my barn with various ankle, knee, or leg problems who all love riding in these stirrups.

Dec. 29, 2009, 11:52 PM
Shredded my ankle a few years ago and can't ride without them.

Dec. 30, 2009, 02:45 AM
I don't have any joint problems (yet), but I love these stirrups. It kind of feels like you are riding without stirrups, but in a good way! They are so soft you can hardly feel them.