PDA

View Full Version : Bridle fit question

Brooke
Dec. 28, 2009, 08:55 PM
I have a paint mare with a short, but wide head. None of the bridles I have right now fit very well. The cheek pieces are too long; they're on the highest holes, and the browband is too small . The caveson is on the last hole but it's still quite tight. It's a regular horse size. I had one browband lengthened, but it doesn't look very nice. Any suggestions other than buying two bridles and mixing and matching?

ambar
Dec. 28, 2009, 08:57 PM
Sounds like the trouble I often have with my Arabians and bridles. What usually works for us is a cob bridle with a full-sized browband, although sometimes we need pony cheekpieces as well.

Ainsley688
Dec. 28, 2009, 09:06 PM
Try justbridles.com, they allow you to custom order every piece of your bridle to the measurements you need. Or, only order a piece of two if that's all you want. If I could find a browband to match my bridle, I would do it.

SarahandSam
Dec. 28, 2009, 10:02 PM
There are a few bridles out there sold in QH sizes--Collegiate, for example. They have the cob-length cheekpieces and noseband and the larger browband and throatlatch. (:

GilbertsCreeksideAcres
Dec. 28, 2009, 10:10 PM
I bought the Kincade QH bridle for my mare with the same problem. Not top-of-the-line quality, but a decent bridle that has a longer browband and shorter cheekpieces than a normal, "full" bridle. I got it from SmartPak.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/SearchResults.aspx?page=GRID&free_text=kincaide qh&attribute_value_string|Store_ID=Equine

BAC
Dec. 29, 2009, 01:32 PM
Lots of places will let you swap out pieces, including Beval's on any bridle you buy from them, also Farmhouse Tack does it with Edgewoods. You could get an OS browband for example and cob cheek pieces on a regular horse bridle.

amastrike
Dec. 29, 2009, 01:58 PM
EQTack.com sells bridle pieces, so you can buy the entire bridle in pieces.