PDA

View Full Version : Don't shoot me, what color shirt with this coat?

hellerkm
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:28 PM
I scored an Elite hunt coat for DD at the consignment tack shop for $30!!! It is hunter green with a blue and rust pin stripe , what color shirt should I get her? she will use this coat to show her liver chestnut pony.

SkipChange
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:33 PM
I'd go with something very light colored. I think a white shirt looks good with any color coat. Not usually a big fan of yellow shirts, but a pale yellow might look nice? Could also try a shirt in the same color as the pinstripe. I don't think green on green would look great personally.

hellerkm
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:36 PM
I'd go with something very light colored. I think a white shirt looks good with any color coat. Not usually a big fan of yellow shirts, but a pale yellow might look nice? Could also try a shirt in the same color as the pinstripe. I don't think green on green would look great personally.

I was thinking maybe a light blue? I would love to find a rust colored shirt but so far I have not had any luck! and it might be too dark of a combo. Dd is VERY fair, so white really washes her out but it might be my only option.

SkipChange
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well with that in mind light blue would probably be a good choice. My favorite show shirt is light blue :) Of course Light Blue & Navy are our barn colors.

Mamy
Dec. 28, 2009, 07:03 PM
can you match the blue pin stripe? you dd looks good in blue. i have also seen her look good in white(pic w/matty) and the green jacket may help with the washing out from the shirt.

JenEM
Dec. 28, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'd go for blue. A blue shirt is pretty versatile :yes: Depends on how much growing she has yet to do, it may match other coats later on.

hellerkm
Dec. 28, 2009, 07:11 PM
can you match the blue pin stripe? you dd looks good in blue. i have also seen her look good in white(pic w/matty) and the green jacket may help with the washing out from the shirt.
I am going to try to do this I think, I do like her in JUST white but the white against the dark green and then her light skin might wash her out. I love the coat and I want to love it just as much with a shirt under it LOL!!!!

SOTB
Dec. 28, 2009, 10:19 PM
How about a white shirt with pin stripes that match either the green or the pin stripes in the coat? That's what I wear with my hunter green show coat.

hellerkm
Dec. 29, 2009, 08:33 AM
How about a white shirt with pin stripes that match either the green or the pin stripes in the coat? That's what I wear with my hunter green show coat.

OOOO that sounds cool do you have a pic?? That might work wel!