PDA

View Full Version : Boarding in Charlottesville, va

girlgoneriding
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:28 AM
Hi All-

I am moving to the Charlotesville, va area next month and am looking for a place to keep 1, maybe 2 horses for the months of February and March, possibly longer. I need good turnout, an arena, lights outside or even better- an indoor are preferred as I'm a working adult amateur who often rides before or after the sun has risen or set... I would love to find a place between Charlottesville and Route 33 (ie. if you drive north on 29, no farther north than 33). Scottsville is tricky for me because I don't get cell service which is not good with my job, I need to be reachable. I have my own instructors that I will ship out to so that should be ok with the farm manager/owner. I compete a lot so I need a place that won't mind me coming and going at strange hours of the night/morning. I also have two dogs and would love to be able to bring them out with me. They are very well behaved. I come and go and do my thing. I'm neat and respectful and clean up after myself :). I'd be really happy on someone's private farm if anyone knows anyone who would like an extra horse or two on their farm.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! I'll be around this weekend and would love to go look at places.

Happy new year!

oldenmare
Dec. 28, 2009, 07:38 PM
You can check out the local dressage website - www.vadach.org (http://www.vadach.org) - variety of places advertised there last time I checked. They also tend to know the local event barns, too.

LisaB
Dec. 29, 2009, 08:20 AM
Too bad you're not going n of 33. I just chucked the boys to a place near me in Orange that has an indoor. She does field boarding and has an indoor. So pretty cheap! Nice lady too.
Toad Hollow is very nice. Has an indoor. West of c-ville.