PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: pads shifting under monoflap saddles

wsmoak
Dec. 28, 2009, 12:14 PM
sharri13 wrote: "PadPerfect.com has fantastic pads. [...] The pad doesn't shift - the root of all evil when riding in my monoflap saddles."

I just bought a used Antares monoflap and it wants to spit my favorite Poly Pad out the back during a ride.

Is this typical, or is it a sign of improper saddle placement or fit?

Lone
Dec. 28, 2009, 12:58 PM
I have a mono flap jumping saddle and have never had a problem with the pad shifting around.

luise
Dec. 28, 2009, 01:20 PM
I have a monoflap and have never had this problem. You could try a non-slip pad underneath.

eventer_mi
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:40 PM
I also have a monoflap (Amerigo) and don't have this problem. I DID have this problem with my Black Country (and the other one I had on trial) which tells me that the saddle didn't really fit my boy. It looked like it did, but the flying saddle pad told me otherwise.

If you're not having issues with the saddle actually sliding back, I'd use a saddle pad with the girth straps. Since there is no where to put them as billet straps, take them and thread them through the D rings on your saddle. I do that with mine and the pads stay in place.

EventerAJ
Dec. 28, 2009, 07:45 PM
My pad only slips when my girth isn't tight enough. ;)

I use a lot of baby pads with no loops at all, and they will slide backwards whenever the girth is a little loose (on ANY saddle, not just monoflap). So go up a hole after you get on, or after a brief walk warmup. :)