PDA

View Full Version : yippee! Purp just hit the big THREE OH!

purplnurpl
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:11 AM
Thirty, flirty, and thriving! (from the movie) hehehehe.
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!
:D
I do think that my odd years are the best, but maybe 30 can pretend to be an odd year. 3 is odd, and 0 is odd. : )
27 was the best year of my life. 28 was the worst. 29 was not so great until August-.

I'm starting off 30 on the right foot though.
*have a great new horse
*injured horse is back up and running!
*everything at home is totally awesome (on the farm)
*I have a new job that came with a 13% raise!
*I have the fun new LQ trailer with matching dually
*Mary is working on the rest of my website as we speak—I can’t WAIT to show you guys the “horses” page. It’s really cute.
*Emily designed my Kaboom horsie logo (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!)

And my birthday present to me will be to have my Kaboom Logo horse tattooed over my [left] iliac crest. And then one day have 4 stars added. (wink)
~but I can’t have that sucker put on till March. I have a habit of bulking up for the winter. I always throw on 5-10lbs for some reason. A few years ago I started embracing the issue so come Nov I just go ahead and change my diet to cheetoes and beer.
See Kaboom logo horse at the header of my blogspot. (I started blogspot last night. It’s just a rough draft to get the html going for my website)
http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
And we actually had a white Christmas here in Texas. That MUST be good luck! (see 1st blog with pictures!)

Miriam
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:21 AM
Happy Birthday purp! It's my bday too, so obviously all the great eventers were born on the 28th!

Divine Comedy
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:39 AM
Happy birthday Kristen!

archieflies
Dec. 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
Happy Birthday Purp & Miriam! Always a little late to the game, my birthday is not until tomorrow.

Would have loved some of that Texas snow for Christmas, but it didn't quite make it this far. I'm supposed to get rain all day for my birthday tomorrow. No riding for me!

SueCoo2
Dec. 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
Happy Happy Birthday to you!:D

CookiePony
Dec. 28, 2009, 08:12 PM
You are such a goofball. Happy birthday to the Purp! And Miriam!

Ajierene
Dec. 28, 2009, 08:16 PM
:D
I do think that my odd years are the best, but maybe 30 can pretend to be an odd year. 3 is odd, and 0 is odd. : )

Welcome to your fourth decade on the planet.....let me start by saying that 0 is an EVEN number. Beware of the 0!!! Be Aware!!!

Other than that, have fun and try not to think about being in the FOURTH DECADE of your life to much....

ACMEeventing
Dec. 28, 2009, 08:20 PM
Happy Birthday Purp! And if you think 30 is good, just wait till you see 40! It just keeps getting better:yes:

oh and btw, Kaboom is adorable!

Kairoshorses
Dec. 28, 2009, 08:37 PM
Happy birthday! Remember, 30 is the new 20....so you're getting YOUNGER! Enjoy this decade; as I recall, it's a tough but fun one.

Noctis
Dec. 28, 2009, 09:07 PM
Happy Birthday! Woohoo!

FLeckenAwesome
Dec. 28, 2009, 09:19 PM
Happy Birthday to both of you!!!!!

And purp... I love that logo..that will make an awesome tatoo!! I had to laugh.. I seem to put on about 5 pounds every winter but it stays!!! ACKKKK!!! Maybe it's the peppermint milkshake fetish I have...... darn them! But they are just soooooo tasty!!

Enjoy your birthday and your year!!!!

avezan
Dec. 28, 2009, 09:25 PM
30 was a good year for me. 33 was a great year! 42 is not so bad either. ;) 0 is EVEN. You can tell whether or not a number is even by checking the last number. 0 is not prime, though. (Sorry, math professor talking) Have a great birthday!

purplnurpl
Dec. 28, 2009, 09:50 PM
NO exceptions. I can't take another even year-hence the reason I stated it as odd.

The horsie in the pics on my blog is Scary (Harry Houdini). Thanks for the compliment. He's a sweety.

It's going to snow again tomorrow! Mabye I'll ace Boomer and ride him around. He's about 5 inches higher though...that is a lot when your up there looking down!!
My Mom sent me a text (I'm out of town today) stating that Boomer didn't try to kill her when she turned him out today so maybe he'll be OK without drugs. lol.

Happy B-Day Miriam!

purplnurpl
Dec. 28, 2009, 09:59 PM
yup. On the way to the movies. Pop and Step Mom were asking about the horses.

the final statement was:

"Time to grow up and do something with yourself. You're running out of time.
What are you going to have left when you are old? A broken horse?"

My come back? (please don't be upset if this hits to close to home)
"well...I am vested in a great company where I have worked for 13 years.
I have a 401K/teachers retiernment and a savings account.
no debt
and I don't plan on having kids so why rush into a relationship that will most likely be a PITA?"

"While my friends are ...
[divorce]
[single parents]
[great amount of debt]
[or just plain unhappy with their lives]"

I don't feel the need to grow up--seems as though I'm doing OK.

they agreed that I made a good point. : )

muahahahaha.

I can't wait to get home tomorrow to smooch the boys on their nosies. and then ride of course.

Terrysmom
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:56 PM
Happy Birthday
Your last post hit home with me.
As someone 6 years from this glorious day, I feel as you do that being debt free, having a sound horse and friends I can rely are things I look back on and am proud of!

You should certainly be proud of your accomplishments to date!

teddygirl
Dec. 29, 2009, 02:16 AM
Happy Birthday!

30! Goodness, I have socks older than that! You're just a young 'un

And I'm, uh, well, a bit older than you, and I still get The Lecture from family members!

PnkPanthr
Dec. 29, 2009, 08:42 AM
Happy Birthday! Go have fun on a nice ride:yes::D

badawg
Dec. 29, 2009, 11:56 AM
Oooohhh! I'm loving my 30's! Happy Birthday, trust me, it just gets better! And, I'd love to steal a slightly stylized version of your tat! Is that ok with you? I've been looking for a new tat for awhile, and yours is the closest I've found. It's still not exactly right...but close! Do you mind?

yellowbritches
Dec. 29, 2009, 04:30 PM
yup. On the way to the movies. Pop and Step Mom were asking about the horses.

the final statement was:

"Time to grow up and do something with yourself. You're running out of time.
What are you going to have left when you are old? A broken horse?"

My come back? (please don't be upset if this hits to close to home)
"well...I am vested in a great company where I have worked for 13 years.
I have a 401K/teachers retiernment and a savings account.
no debt
and I don't plan on having kids so why rush into a relationship that will most likely be a PITA?"

"While my friends are ...
[divorce]
[single parents]
[great amount of debt]
[or just plain unhappy with their lives]"

I don't feel the need to grow up--seems as though I'm doing OK.

they agreed that I made a good point. : )

muahahahaha.

I can't wait to get home tomorrow to smooch the boys on their nosies. and then ride of course.
You totally rock the grown up thing. And you are right...you are far more grown up then some people in our age group. I have a friend who is 29, 250k in debt and is now getting divorced (after a year). Yeah....that's grown up. :confused:
Happy Birthday!!!! :D

twistoffate
Dec. 29, 2009, 07:51 PM
Happy birthday!!! I'm gonna hit the big 3-0 in July.... Hoping 30 is better than 29 :)

And I LOVE the tattoo!!!

denny
Dec. 30, 2009, 07:51 AM
Now don`t feel as if I`m putting any pressure on you, but since tomorrow is Bruce Davidson`s 60th, you have exactly 30 years left to get to be as good as he is-----

No pressure------

B-Man
Dec. 30, 2009, 10:02 AM
Happy B-Day!
30 was a great age.....as I recall I felt both young internally and externally.
Now a decade and a half later, disparity is growing between the two. I still feel cool and young internally, but stuff is falling apart on the outside! I need to trade in for a few new parts! The body just doesn't keep up as well as it should.
Enjoy!

purplnurpl
Dec. 30, 2009, 11:03 AM
Oooohhh! I'm loving my 30's! Happy Birthday, trust me, it just gets better! And, I'd love to steal a slightly stylized version of your tat! Is that ok with you? I've been looking for a new tat for awhile, and yours is the closest I've found. It's still not exactly right...but close! Do you mind?

Please check your PMs.

purplnurpl
Dec. 30, 2009, 11:05 AM
Now don`t feel as if I`m putting any pressure on you, but since tomorrow is Bruce Davidson`s 60th, you have exactly 30 years left to get to be as good as he is-----

No pressure------

well Denny--
Lets get started.
I can be there in two days.

clivers
Dec. 30, 2009, 12:38 PM

No pressure------

LMAO!!!
Happy Birthday Purp :)

wanderlust
Dec. 30, 2009, 01:48 PM
I'm in my early thirties, and I swear once 30 came and went it was the most giant relief ever. Haven't ever been happier.

When given grief about being in my 30's and unmarried, I simply say: "I have decided to skip the whole 'starter marriage' and somewhat inevitable divorce. Instead I'll be starting out with my second marriage and living happily ever after."