PDA

View Full Version : Caring for Der Daus

sansibar
Dec. 27, 2009, 02:04 PM
I just got new der daus for christmas (WOOT!) and I need to know how to care for these and keep them clean and looking brand new :) Is there any special conditioner or any rituals i should follow when caring for these? I would like to keep them lasting longer then my ariats which only lasted 3 years..

:)
Thanks!

uniongrove
Dec. 27, 2009, 06:20 PM
obviously, don't wear them in the wash stall, take them off after riding and wipe the dirt off be putting them away, just care for them with any ordinary hard black polish sparingly and buff well- don't polish them to often or put on gunky creams and what-not it wrecks the finish and the leather. mine are
2 yrs. young and look brand new. enjoy them!

superpony123
Dec. 27, 2009, 07:48 PM
i have had my beval puissance boots (not custom, but still a chunk of change--even though i got them on sale) for maybe 5 years and every time i wear them, someone in the barn asks if i got new boots. they are so shiny and clean. i am absolutely obsessive about it. i am often complimented on how shiny they are. clean them with nothing but castile soap after every use, and i even clean the bottoms (why not, right? otherwise they get caked with mud and footing). i stopped using the kiwi shoe polish a few years ago because i started riding a white pony, and no matter how much i buffed them, the black would rub off on his coat! and i've done just fine without any kind of shoe polish.