PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone worked for Leslie Burr Howard?

PineHillFarm
Dec. 27, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hello & Happy Holidays everyone! I was wondering if anyone has had any experience working for, or with Leslie Burr Howard? She has been my idol for the past 25 years. Her website says they are always looking for grooms/riders. Sounds too good to be true, but there is only one way to find out!

Or has anyone trained with her? Any input would be appreciated!

MHM
Dec. 27, 2009, 01:16 PM
I know somebody who worked for her not long ago. She had a good experience there. It was for a finite period of time (between college terms), but she liked it.

Give Leslie a call!

Roxy SM
Dec. 27, 2009, 07:43 PM
I was a working student with Leslie for the summer tournaments at Spruce a few years ago because my horse injured herself right before the 5 weeks ofthe show (as usual). My own trainer didn't have anything for me to do so I ended up with Leslie and it was a great experience! I mostly rode and helped Leslie down at the ring. I learned a lot and had a great time.

PineHillFarm
Dec. 28, 2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. So far it sounds promising. I will have to make sure I keep Leslie off of Tractors tho! lmao!

firelizardfarm
Dec. 29, 2009, 12:08 AM
My daughter worked for her two times, once from Nov to April and once from April to September. She certainly learned a lot. She can be demanding and really expects you to be able to ride BEFORE you get there. She is an incredible rider and a great teacher. If you go, be ready to put in long hours and pay attention, you'll be glad you got the chance.

Jane Honda
Dec. 29, 2009, 12:23 AM
Huge. Leslie. Fan.

*thud*