PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Pads in your Colors

ClassAction
Dec. 26, 2009, 03:05 PM
I'm looking to get a saddle pad in my newly chosen colors of brown, silver and navy blue. I think that that particular color combination would be impossible to find off-the-shelf. Where can I look for custom pads? I'd rather go cheaper if possible.

olympicdreams04
Dec. 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
Tipperary makes very stylish pads. Wyoming Tack Shop can get them, you can order them directly, or I think Sipps Silks will do them. Also, Equine Textiles here in KY, if you talk to the manager, does a great job. I have 3 VERY custom pads that I have used for literally 5-8 years that I just adore.

ncsuequine
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:46 PM
Bit of Britain has an option for a custom pad. I have two from there and LOVE them!

Good Luck!

SuperEventer
Dec. 26, 2009, 10:38 PM
Mattes makes custom saddle pads that don't have fleece on them, so they're not horribly expensive. Smartpak has them. I have a dressage pad (had to have champagne) and just got a XC pad for Christmas in my colors, and I love them!

purplnurpl
Dec. 27, 2009, 11:35 PM
seamsright.com

duh! lol

sharri13
Dec. 28, 2009, 10:31 AM
PadPerfect.com has fantastic pads. I bought two mid season. They wear incredibly well and do not fade. When I wash them, the colors do not run either. The pad doesn't shift - the root of all evil when riding in my monoflap saddles. I absolutely love these pads. They are cheaper then most other customized pads out there. She was giving a 15% discount to all ARP members too.

flea
Dec. 28, 2009, 10:43 AM
I think Pacific Rim INternational, PRI does custom pads.

MIKES MCS
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:56 AM
Jacks and Wilkers both make them , aprox retail $45.00 and $50.00 respectively.

WNT
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:21 PM
I also really like the Toklat Classics III pad. A mite spendy ($60-75 maybe) but they wear like iron and come in a variety of cuts for different saddle models. My SJ pad is a white one with red piping and black binding (a popular enough color combo but surprisingly hard to find...)

HelloAgain
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:40 PM
I bought a common "base color" (in your case it would be navy) and brought it to a tack shop that had the custom embroidery machine. They embroidered a double diagonal stripe in the less common color - I think it was $10.

ClassAction
Dec. 28, 2009, 08:33 PM
I bought a common "base color" (in your case it would be navy) and brought it to a tack shop that had the custom embroidery machine. They embroidered a double diagonal stripe in the less common color - I think it was $10.

That is an awesome and inexpensive idea!

scubed
Dec. 29, 2009, 11:51 AM
Dover does a fairly nice one that is inexpensive: http://equestrian.doversaddlery.com/saddlery/Custom%20Saddle%20Pads

HelloAgain
Dec. 29, 2009, 12:46 PM
That is an awesome and inexpensive idea!

Thank you! I was rather proud of myself.

BTW, stay away from gilt/metallic piping, The second you wash it the shiny stuff comes off. And saddle pads are one of those things that generally need washing!

eponacowgirl
Dec. 29, 2009, 09:06 PM

Can you post a pic of this? Silly, I know, but I want to show it to someone to see if they can do it for me!

HelloAgain
Dec. 29, 2009, 10:30 PM
well its in a trunk in my parents basement, but it can *faintly* be seen in this very tiny photo:
Holly saves my ^%#@! bacon (again) (http://phatlewt.wedge.net/bbs/download/file.php?id=22)

Basically the stripes are about 3/8" wide, and follow the angle of the diamond quilting, with one quilt's width apart.

There is a slim chance I can get at the actual saddle pad, or maybe get a better scan of the photo.

eponacowgirl
Dec. 29, 2009, 10:39 PM
Thats fine! Your description should be enough to clarify anything we can't figure out from the pic!

Thanks!