PDA

View Full Version : Is this too bold?

Buglet
Dec. 26, 2009, 12:11 PM
I absolutely love this jacket, but I am thinking it might be a little too bold for the hunter ring.* I have a chestnut mare and I think it would look great with her.* I also have a dark bay gelding and was curious if others thought it would look okay with him.* Also, my main concern is that it is a little over the top for the rated hunters (Pre-Greens and Adult Amateurs). Your opinions??http://www.rjclassics.com/dyn_prod.php?p=D8753&k=149909

SaturdayNightLive
Dec. 26, 2009, 12:30 PM
I think it'll be fine. You'll stand out for sure, so be sure that you and your horse are polished enough that this is a good thing. But I don't think anybody will hold it against you. I think it's very pretty.

hntrjmprpro45
Dec. 26, 2009, 12:38 PM
I really like it! Just keep everything else very conservative and you should look great! (I love seeing something that is eyecatching but not gawdy, especially when it is balanced out by very traditional/conservative items)

Mia412
Dec. 26, 2009, 03:29 PM
OK, so I'm probably not the most objective opinion because I've been in love with that jacket since I saw it! I agree with keeping it balanced with the classic items and it will be fine.

I've seen your mare and think that color will be amazing on her! I think it would look nice on your gelding too.

Lucassb
Dec. 26, 2009, 03:32 PM
It's stunning. Buy it!!

Tegan
Dec. 26, 2009, 04:42 PM
I LOVE it! I think you're fine for the hunters, just keep everything clean and nice and you'll stand out in a good way.

Talk of the Town
Dec. 26, 2009, 05:20 PM
I say go for it! I think its beautiful!

QM2
Dec. 26, 2009, 07:58 PM
I have it and LOVE it. I have a dark bay horse and it looks stunning on him.

I must say though that I don't wear it in the winter. It sems more like a spring/summer coat.

Funny story : we had a late April snow storm a few years ago and I was showing in that coat while it was snowing. I couldn't see the second jump of the line it was snowing so hard. A trainer friend of mine came up to me with a smile on and said " nice spring coat!"