PDA

View Full Version : Pony Trainers in MD

Crown Royal
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:21 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a trainer in MD that perferably specializes in training or working with ponies to show on the rated circuit. I have an 8 year old pony (still needs definate measurement to determine if he's a small or medium) that's been shown very successfully and often locally, but never rated (my own fault, not his). I trained him myself since he was a four year old but would like maybe a month or so of a professional's training on him for all the finishing details. Anyone you could reccommend that loves the ponies and has a good number of kids in their barn? I'm located more in western MD. Thanks!

theoldgreymare
Dec. 26, 2009, 02:06 PM
Maybe too south for you but I would recommend Amy Boyle-Keller of Tag Along Farm in Davidsonville. She was a top pony jock as a jr. and her daughters are great little riders themselves. She loves her ponies, they get great care and Amy is super nice to deal with and has good contacts. Not sure what level rated you want but she does do some rated circuits and some A's.

AppendixQHLover
Dec. 27, 2009, 08:50 AM
I second Tag a long farm. Her daughters ride their ponies and other people's ponies.

mothermucker12
Dec. 28, 2009, 07:29 AM
Stacey Schaefer/Kim Stewart

llsc
Dec. 28, 2009, 09:43 AM
How about Patty Miller in Bucks Co. PA. 215-534-1682

Crown Royal
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone, I've emailed Amy at Tag Along and am talking to her about details.

I'm not sure where Stacey and Kim are located, and Patty Miller is too far away from us.