PDA

View Full Version : What a thrilling video !

ihorsebook
Dec. 26, 2009, 02:00 AM
Hi ! all,

Why don't you check this video out. it's really thrilling :

http://ihorsebook.com/emvideo/thickbox/450/425/350/field_video/youtube/Nx9vPfUi7hk

i hope you will enjoy it

REgards

worth_the_wait08
Dec. 26, 2009, 12:39 PM
Some pretty impressive stuff on there- but MAN I was cringing when that bay was being lunged in the parking lot :uhoh:

enjoytheride
Dec. 26, 2009, 01:02 PM
Nice way to drum up hits on your website.

DeucesWild11
Dec. 26, 2009, 02:55 PM
I have to say, some of it was ok, but some of it was seriously wrong. Some of the jumping was unsafe (although granted, some was very well done and professional) and lunging on blacktop??!??!? Can't said I would ever do that.

Bogie
Dec. 26, 2009, 04:27 PM
You are using many other peoples' videos. Much of this I've seen before. I'd be careful about copyright violation if you're using this to drive people to your site.

BayRuth
Dec. 26, 2009, 05:46 PM
..what in the world. . LUNGING ON. . .BLACKTOP!?

& if it's true that your copyrighting people's videos; I hope you know that's a violation of YouTube's & uh, yeah. It's called stealing. As in, against the federal law?

But LUNGING ON BLACKTOP? I couldn't even finish watching after that! Some of those jumps were really dangerous too. Yes; some were in professional competitions, but the other ones. . :no:

virtus02
Dec. 26, 2009, 07:45 PM
Don't be so surprised about lunging on blacktop. Tons of European sale barns do that during winter vettings when they need to lunge on hard ground but everything else is too icy. I know most people in the US would never do this but plenty of import videos show them doing that!! :-/

Bluehorsesjp
Dec. 26, 2009, 11:54 PM
My vet will trot a horse out on black top for a lameness exam. That is what it looks like there. a lameness check.

Really you all need to seattle down.

WorthTheWait95
Dec. 27, 2009, 09:25 AM
It looked like a lameness check to me as well. Probably more common to trot them in hand on a straight line but sometimes things only pop up on a circle. In any case, the horse was barely jogging...not exactly pounding the pavement.

JazCreekInc.
Dec. 27, 2009, 10:57 AM
At UC Davis all lameness exams start trotting on blacktop.

mvp
Dec. 27, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, chill on the black top comments. The horse knew what the footing would allow; to me he seemed to be making prudent decisions.

I'm more freaked out by the bay who drops a hind leg mid-oxer and then snaps it back up again. Again, someone got lucky thanks to a trying horse.

Derby Lyn Farms
Dec. 27, 2009, 11:24 AM
Did anyone even notice the horse on black top was using the parking lines as trotting poles?

We have trotted the horses up and down the cement aisle way or in the drive so the vet can hear their trot to see if they are hitting the ground equally/evenly.

chemteach
Dec. 27, 2009, 11:43 AM
Jumping over cars and jumping without a hard hat are just plain stupid.

rwh
Dec. 27, 2009, 11:45 AM
I'm more freaked out by the bay who drops a hind leg mid-oxer and then snaps it back up again. Again, someone got lucky thanks to a trying horse.

I was horrified by that jump, but the horse really was a champ.

Did anyone even notice the horse on black top was using the parking lines as trotting poles?

Haha. YES! That was my favorite part. The horse was adorable.

Long Spot
Dec. 27, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah, chill on the black top comments. The horse knew what the footing would allow; to me he seemed to be making prudent decisions.

And the guy at the end who jumps the brush jump with some poor boob on the other side not knowing he's headed over it.

Nice spamming, OP. But I guess it worked, cause I watched it.

Tegan
Dec. 27, 2009, 02:36 PM
Jumping over cars and jumping without a hard hat are just plain stupid.

... I know that guy. Let's just say jumping height is not equally proportional to actual riding talent.

Anselcat
Dec. 27, 2009, 08:07 PM
I couldn't watch it all the way through. The editing and use of special effects was pretty bad.

teddygirl
Dec. 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
Ditto on the editing and effects. The horse stuff would have been easier to see without strange colors and stuff. And some of that stuff was wild!