PDA

View Full Version : Black Country Monoflap Opinions

faluut42
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:07 PM
I am in the market for a saddle again. And came across the Black Country Monoflaps (the Vinici Jump, Tex Eventer, and their new saddle the Vinici Advanced). They are very similar to a saddle I was trying to buy but fell through.

How do they ride? What brands would you say they are most similar too? Do they seem to fit a wide range of horses?

I like to ride in flat saddles, are these saddles on the flatter side?

TIA!

jn4jenny
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:20 PM
The good news is that Black Country is a great brand. Very nice tack at a very nice price.

The bad news is that your questions about how they ride, similarity to other brands, etc. are almost impossible to answer. The saddles are very, very customizeable. Pretty much anything can be altered on them--the depth of the seat, the softness of the seat, the angle of the flap, and the fit of the saddle. So one Black Country might have been built to fit a wide range of horses, and another might have been custom built for a single horse and wouldn't fit hardly anything else. I've sat in about a dozen Black Country saddles, and they all rode a little differently (because, of course, they were all a little different!)

Try calling a Black Country dealer. They can answer your questions more precisely and help you understand your options.

mvp
Dec. 25, 2009, 06:54 PM
The Quantum tree is flatter than the Wexford tree. Long ago, they made one for the old close-contact world that was flatter still.

They will build whatever flap you'd like. But you need to ask them and yourself some questions. Do you want flat as in a CC saddle, or flat as in the deepest part of the seat a little further back for some slightly-defensive XC riding?

Trumbull Mountain Tack is probably the largest and most knowledgeable BC dealer in the states. They have quite an array of pictures on their webpage, and can help you with demos and fitting.

You can also request a catalogue from BC directly. They'll show you many Euro options that Trumbull Mountain doesn't stock in demos.

Best of luck!

Hey Mickey
Dec. 25, 2009, 09:13 PM
I have the Vinici dressage,
I love it. Its fantastic. Its the only monoflap I've ever sat in, so I don't have anything to compare it too.

but, when I sit in it, my horse feels completely different then he does in any other saddle. Its like I'm sitting with him not on top of him.
The leather is so nice.
Someday, when I have a real , job, with real money I'm going to get a jumping saddle from them.
(I got my saddle off ebay, for a steal)