PDA

View Full Version : What horse goodies did everyone get...?

Trak_Eventer
Dec. 25, 2009, 02:13 PM
Happy Holidays to everyone!
What horse goodies did everyone get this year?

I am so excited to say I got a new Vega Monoflap Jumping saddle!!

Toadie's mom
Dec. 25, 2009, 02:42 PM
Wow, I can't top yours T E, but I did get soft grip reins which I love!

(I guess the horse I bought myself last Sat. doesn't count :winkgrin: )

Tazzie
Dec. 25, 2009, 02:46 PM
Something small but fun, my mom bought me a leadrope in my color with my horse's name on it from myrope.com.

She also bought me a "flip", totally unexpected and I can't wait to get some videos with it!

billiebob
Dec. 25, 2009, 02:49 PM
A tartan plaid Baker blanket.

I also got a few Visa gift cards and some cash which will most likely be spent on horsey goodies. :D

evntr06
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:02 PM
Royal Rider stirrups and bunch of horse books. Yeah!

I also got a nasty cold, but I'm trying to give that one back. Too bad no one wants to take it! :)

Hilary
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:11 PM
Star got a new sheepskin half-pad and a fleecelined girth. And my DH gave me his default gift - a bucket (this time, large and small) filled with betadine, epsom salts and vetwrap!

KMErickson
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:12 PM
A beautiful brown hunt cap! I'm in love with it! :)

three_dayer
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:20 PM
Yep, I have a cold too, that is not fun.....I got a point two air jacket(the vest that blows up on inpact)....that is my x-mas and birthday present(and probally next year's x-mas present too:). I also got a polarfleece blanket....all in all a very good x-mas, and I am feeling a bit spoiled

Hevonen
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:34 PM
I got a Rider's International cooler, a new Weatherbeeta sheet, a saddle pad in my colors, and a Rodney Powell body armor vest! All from non-horsie parents! Though most of those packages were actually addressed to my horse, and not to me! :D

Also got a huuuge bag of horse treats. :)

Elliot
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:38 PM
My DH made me cavaletti and a mounting block. I'm quite excited and can't wait to use them. Unfortunately it's raining at the moment, so it might be a few days.

tinah
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
Bless my mother. . . she got me a Troxel school helmet. . . in FUSHIA! Did I mention I normally ride at a hunter barn? I love it, although I'm sure the other people there will look at me funny. . . although they will always know who's up!

KBG Eventer
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:21 PM
Asked for:
ProChaps Competition Half Chaps (Didn't realize they are available right now in every country except the US. My mom is amazing and ordered them from Canada! :D)

Royal Rider stirrups

Also got:

Patterned, brightly colored bell boots. No more accidental bell boot swapping! :)

Monogrammed quarter sheet

Thinline half pad

Monogrammed tall boot bag

TB_eventer
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:45 PM
-Front and hind eskadron xc boots for my boy!
-a new blanket for my horse, who loves to rip his pasturemate's clothes in exchange for having his own ripped.
-The Event Groom's Handbook!!!!!! by Jeanne Kane and Lisa Waltman
-Riding Logic by Wilhelm Museler

I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT THE BOOKS!! So much GREAT information in there! :D And my horse is nicely outfitted now, haha. No more looking like a bum :winkgrin:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

eventer_mi
Dec. 25, 2009, 05:39 PM
My family is quite stubborn about getting me anything horsey related for Christmas or birthdays...guess they think I'll outgrow my obession if they don't nurture it with gift certs and other such things.

My dear husband, on the other hand, is much wiser than they and got me a lovely large gift certificate to the (somewhat) local tack store.

Anybody want a pair of matching candlesticks with shamrocks all over them???

corgigirl14
Dec. 25, 2009, 05:49 PM
A Nunn Finer 5 Way Breastplate :D
Mountain Horse Winter Riding Boots (my old ones have been held together by duck tape and prayer)
Black dressage saddle pad
Velcro Shipping boots

And from my non-horsey Hubby a Tiffany & Co. Horseshoe necklace! I was very impressed he didn't have any help either!

Bravestrom
Dec. 25, 2009, 05:55 PM
I got my new double bridle from stubben - oversized with a regular and crank noseband and a regular and chainmail browband - also can be used as a regular snaffle and has a padded crown.

Here are some pics of my boys - with the bridle - just in regular snaffle mode - First the Gelding and second is the 2 1/2 yr old colt.

http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/images/horses/prody/bridle.JPG

http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/images/horses/STROM/bridle.JPG

RunForIt
Dec. 25, 2009, 06:35 PM
My family is quite stubborn about getting me anything horsey related for Christmas or birthdays...guess they think I'll outgrow my obession if they don't nurture it with gift certs and other such things.

My dear husband, on the other hand, is much wiser than they and got me a lovely large gift certificate to the (somewhat) local tack store.

Anybody want a pair of matching candlesticks with shamrocks all over them???

Don't laugh too hard...but I really may want the candlesticks - one of our best friends is obsessed with being Irish and ye gods, I wrack my brain for gifts...PM me pics! :D :cool:

Auburn
Dec. 25, 2009, 07:57 PM
The Custom boots that my DH ordered for me at the AEC's came in on Christmas Eve. They fit! :D

I got a nice dressage saddle pad, yak traxs (for the KY ice storms), a Smithsonian book on cats and a cold weather workout outfit. I am determined to get fit, before I event this year. :yes:

Trakehner
Dec. 25, 2009, 08:12 PM
I got a nice 7 y.o. jumper from my wife!

Long Shadow Farm
Dec. 25, 2009, 08:40 PM
I got my Christmas gift in early December. Mom and Dad paid for me a spot in the John Staples clinic at Feathercreek Farm in Norman, OK. It was a wonderful gift and I had so much fun. It was fun to finally be back to doing some cross country instead of all Stadium/Hunter/Jumper stuff. Plus Spanky is feeling much better and jumped great once we got our flow back. That and three health ponies is the best Christmas gift!

Bobbi

eventingismylife
Dec. 25, 2009, 09:14 PM
I got some great Classic Equine Gear. I love the stuff!
-Classic Equine Hanging Grooming Case
-Classic Equine Necessity Tote
-Classic Equine Polo/Horse Boot Tote
-Ovation Black Suede Half Chaps
-Carhart Vest- will be sooooooooo nice to wear!!!!!
no tack- b/c no horse :( but hopefully soon!

2ndyrgal
Dec. 25, 2009, 09:24 PM
As in a 25'x35' enclosed addition to our tractor barn. I can back the whole trailer/truck combo in and have it all under cover. New spurs, new reins. Good Christmas.

Rescue_Rider9
Dec. 25, 2009, 11:25 PM
I got a new bridle that matches my saddle AND has light blue (my color) crystals on it!!! I love it!
Navy polos
Two new halters in my colors for the horses who dont have them yet (in our colors)
and a nice vest to wear when its cold out (in my colors of course!!!!!
AND my parents are going to pay for one horse show next year.

Loved ally my non horsey gifts too!

badawg
Dec. 25, 2009, 11:45 PM
Nunn Finer 5 way breast plate!! Yippee!!

The Big Yellow Watch!!

And, a Beval Bit for the young miss for SJ/XC this year, to encourage her to gallop more up and off her forehand!

From the MIL, an LSU scrub top. Pretty good call for her, she usually goes out of her way to find the most inappropriate gift possible!

Good, low key day for me.

Sudi's Girl
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:05 AM
Oooh - I got the big yellow watch too!

Jimmy Wofford's XC clinic dvd

and the eventing calendar from Bit of Britain. :)

I also got to go with friends to spend a three day/lesson training weekend with Will Faudree and stay in a B&B - that was a GREAT Christmas present!! :)

HER
Dec. 26, 2009, 11:19 AM
JR8 Helmet in black/grey
Wofford xc DVD
Irideon full seat breeches
My mother in law rules! She asked me for catalogs then spent way too much!
Husband and I went skiing in CO and bought a TV so he was off the hook for horsey stuff. He did get me some fitness gear I had been wanting-time to get in better shape :)

TheBrightSide06
Dec. 26, 2009, 12:35 PM
Mom and Dad got me:
-Ariat Winter riding boots,
-a pretty black leather halter to replace the one I got back in the Stone Age,
-a Collegiate dressage saddle!! I've been test riding it for a few weeks and didn't think I'd be able to get it!

Also got much non-horse related gifts as well. Happy with those too!

VERY good Christmas!

pokesaladannie
Dec. 26, 2009, 03:39 PM
For the past two months DH has been "going next door to his family's woodworking shop" every afternoon. I thought "OMG - what fresh piece of carpentry madness will I be featuring in our living room for the next 50 years?"
Shame on me when Christmas morning I saw a wonderful quilt made from all of the T shirts that we have from events we have competed at in the past 30 years. And some we wished we had. Millbrook, GMHA,Checkmate, Radnor, Badminton, Stuart, Farm of the Mountain, Bromont, Richland, Groton House, Glen Oro, Dreamcrest and many more. So many memories!

DH's sister is an excellent quilter and coached him through the whole thing.
Big secret.
What a guy - Love him.

yellowbritches
Dec. 26, 2009, 05:02 PM
Yep, I have a cold too, that is not fun.....I got a point two air jacket(the vest that blows up on inpact)....that is my x-mas and birthday present(and probally next year's x-mas present too:). I also got a polarfleece blanket....all in all a very good x-mas, and I am feeling a bit spoiled
Jealous! I asked for one, but I knew full well that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell I'd get one from my mom (they are more than I am sure she spent on all three of a us kids). I then tried to convince her that my uncle should get me one and also get my brother and himself the motorcycle version...no luck. Oh well....Have you tested it yet? The French rider who had an ugly rotational at the Europeans said that he was glad he knew what it felt like when it went off, as it does give a very bizarre sensation when it goes off.

I finally got my long wished for Barbour rain coat. I think after feeling like a very cold drowned rat at Fair Hill plus a few really gnarly, rainy days at home it was decided that I really did need one. I also got the great Dublin knockoffs of the Dubarry river boots. I pretty much haven't worn anything but them since I got them last Sunday night (except when I've mucked stalls. I will NOT muck in them). Also got that surprisingly nice set of bags from Amigo (boot bag, hat bag, etc, etc). Now my boots will stay CLEAN. My big horsey year was last year (new dressage saddle and a new Pro II), but I got just about everything I asked for (that wasn't overly expensive...with the exception of the Barbour).

NEHunter
Dec. 26, 2009, 07:07 PM
Today I got a wonderful ride on my 26 year old TB that thinks he is 4. He just amazes me and I feel blessed that he is still going stong. We hopped over a few cross rails and had a blast. Reminds me of when I first got him at the age of 8.

pinkdiamondracing
Dec. 26, 2009, 07:28 PM
I got:

A new to me Barnsby jumping saddle-- gift from my DD (one of his extras)
Gift card to Home Depot (which I used to buy lumber to make jumps)
A Snuggie!!! from my DH ( which he knew I wanted, but which I didn't hint to him about, so bonus points to him)

Lots of tack that DS and DD either have extras of or no longer use!!

Now all I have to do is--
1. build the jumps
2. get off my butt and start riding
3. teach my new 5 yr old OTTB to jump

cllane1
Dec. 26, 2009, 07:48 PM
I got....a horse!

My husband presented me with the papers on the mare that I've been leasing and showing for the past year, and said that he has made the final payment on her! Although I've technically "had" her for a year, it feels great to really be her mama!

I'm getting excited for the upcoming season, now that I've been switching her ownership info over at USEA and USEF.

catmchorse
Dec. 27, 2009, 01:12 AM
I think my favorite horse-related gift was the Ultimate Hoofpick. It is a beast of a tool, very sturdy and well-balanced and fun to use.

Also: a crownpiece that matches the rest of my bridle. For the first time, I have an entire bridle composed of pieces of the same brand and color! Also Wofford's Gymnastics book, a very pretty wool cooler, and a bottle of Effax leather cleaner. (Requested based on all the good reviews I've seen on COTH!)

I also got a nasty cold, seems to be a trend. I sounded like a dinosaur doing some in-hand work with my mare, croaking 'good girl' and the like all the way down the rail! :lol:

clivers
Dec. 27, 2009, 09:24 AM
For the past two months DH has been "going next door to his family's woodworking shop" every afternoon. I thought "OMG - what fresh piece of carpentry madness will I be featuring in our living room for the next 50 years?"
Shame on me when Christmas morning I saw a wonderful quilt made from all of the T shirts that we have from events we have competed at in the past 30 years. And some we wished we had. Millbrook, GMHA,Checkmate, Radnor, Badminton, Stuart, Farm of the Mountain, Bromont, Richland, Groton House, Glen Oro, Dreamcrest and many more. So many memories!

DH's sister is an excellent quilter and coached him through the whole thing.
Big secret.
What a guy - Love him.

Wow!! What a cool gift!!! I would love to see pics!!!

Anybody else *still* miss Radnor :(

pokesaladannie
Dec. 27, 2009, 12:35 PM
Hi Clivers. The quilt is wonderful and I will try to get someone to help me post pictures on here when all the Christmas fuss settles down a bit.
Miss Radnor very much - often wonder if they have been approached about holding a short format - so much less land and volunteers needed. Just sayin'!!

Alibhai's Alibar
Dec. 27, 2009, 08:48 PM
Wow, some great gifts! I got a Fleeceworks FXK dressage pad (http://www.netequestrian.com/products/product.asp?pId=1589&cId=26&scId=134&cgId=2). It has not gotten to the barn yet. My cat seems to think it's his new bed :lol:

cranky
Dec. 27, 2009, 08:59 PM
I got a cash contribution to my dressage saddle fund (make & model, etc. to be determined at a later date).

McVillesMom
Dec. 27, 2009, 09:10 PM
Well...I didn't get anything horse related on Christmas (except for the Lands End quilted vest that I asked for - looks just like the "riding" vests in the catalogs, but it was on sale for 20 bucks!). But my dad gave me money, and my DH generously contributed to the fund, so I could get the sheepskin half pad and dress boots I've been wanting! (This after he bought us a Wii Fit and a couple other, smaller things for me.) I got quite a few clothing items from my parents, too, which will serve me well next year when I am in clinical rotations and have to dress like a real live adult (at least part of the time, LOL).

Overall, a very nice Christmas!

rhymeswithfizz
Dec. 28, 2009, 11:14 AM
I got a HEATED hose from my hubby. Where oh where has this been all my life??? Brilliant!