PDA

View Full Version : Canceling Shows close to the WEG...

Rescue_Rider9
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:00 PM
I got a day planner for Christmas (I am obcessed with planning) and I was going through the USEA website planning horse shows. I had planned to attend Mid south pony club HT, but its been canceled because of the games. Do you guys think a lot of the shows at the park this year will get canceled.. Like Champagne run.. which is in july where as Mid south is in june...

Im dissappointed.

KBG Eventer
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
If you look at the omnibus page online it shows Midsouth and Jumpstart as the only events being canceled. Midsouth will run as a combined test. I don't know about the schooling events they hold there.

Rescue_Rider9
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:29 PM
WHy wouldnt they cancel Champagne run? Its closer than Midsouth.

eponacowgirl
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:39 PM
WHy wouldnt they cancel Champagne run? Its closer than Midsouth.

It is canceled. Their program said so this year.

ETA: The only show we're planning to attend at the park this year is MayDaze. The rest are not running "normally" for various reasons...

KBG Eventer
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:46 PM
It is canceled. Their program said so this year.

ETA: The only show we're planning to attend at the park this year is MayDaze. The rest are not running "normally" for various reasons...

Hmm, interesting! I guess they haven't listed it that way yet online. Is Champagne Run not being held at all or just as a combined test? I wonder if KY Classic and Team Challenge are combined tests too.

retreadeventer
Dec. 25, 2009, 05:31 PM
I heard that four events all together will be affected and not held because of the WEG. As far as horse shows, as I understand more of them are going to be held because they don't need the area events do.

eponacowgirl
Dec. 25, 2009, 05:38 PM
I heard that four events all together will be affected and not held because of the WEG. As far as horse shows, as I understand more of them are going to be held because they don't need the area events do.

Mmmm... I actually may be thinking of KY Classique being canceled. CR may be moved somewhere else?

Rescue_Rider9
Dec. 25, 2009, 06:22 PM
Looks like i will be doing May daze then! haha

FlightCheck
Dec. 25, 2009, 06:31 PM
KY Classique not running this year.

Auburn
Dec. 25, 2009, 07:39 PM
This year, I did all, but two events at the KHP. It is a good thing my DH is retiring, because it looks like we will be doing a lot more traveling this year. South Farm and Stonegate will be back on the list. Maybe we will give the events in Indiana a try, too. I can finally meet LAZ! :D

I wonder why some of the events can't be run like Spring Bay, with dressage and stadium at the KHP and cross country at Masterson?

LAZ
Dec. 25, 2009, 08:38 PM
IEA is going to host the PC rally for midsouth.

I was told the logistics of moving the HT's were too great for a one year thing. I am pretty sure Team Challenge is on as normal.

CookiePony
Dec. 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
Yes, Team Challenge is on. :)

JFS
Dec. 26, 2009, 08:55 AM
I'm glad to hear that Auburn is putting Stone Gate and South Farm back on her list. We'll be happy to see you again. For those who have never been to the events in NE OH, we hope that you might take the cancellation of the events at the KYHP as an opportunity to try some events that you haven't been to or haven't been to in awhile :) We would love to have you.

Jackie
www.stonegatefarm
Now on Facebook

Auburn
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:25 AM
For those of you, who usually go to the KHP, it is well worth the drive up to do an event at Stonegate (VERY reasonable entry fees and stabling costs!). Sarah Greer does a nice job at South Farm (she has a T-3D there, too).

LAZ,

So will Indiana be putting on a HT in conjunction with the MidSouth PC rally?

LAZ
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:55 AM
LAZ,

So will Indiana be putting on a HT in conjunction with the MidSouth PC rally?

No, the Pony Club rally will be run in conjuntion with the IEA HT the first weekend in June.

IEA will be busy--we're hosting the T3DE again as well.

JFS
Dec. 26, 2009, 10:47 AM
I e-mailed the Area chair to straighten up some of the questions being asked and she confirmed that, in addition to MidSouth & Jump Start, KY Classique & Champagne Run will not be running a recognized horse trials in '10. She was going to check with Maggie to see if she had any interest in running something elsewhere on that date. In addition Flying Cross will be moving to Aug. 21 - 22 because she and her staff will be helping at the WEG also. That change of date is for 2010 ONLY and they will be hosting the Area VIII Training & Preliminary Championships. Stone Gate Farm will be hosting the BN & N Championships at their fall horse trials Sept 18 - 19.

I hope that answers everyone's questions.

Jackie

CookiePony
Dec. 26, 2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks Jackie-- I am especially glad to know about Flying Cross's change of date. That makes it a good prep for AECs.

JFS
Dec. 26, 2009, 11:06 AM
You're welcome

Jackie