PDA

View Full Version : Gleeks! What did you think?

MHM
Dec. 24, 2009, 09:49 PM
Who else LOVED the last fresh episode of Glee? I have watched the second half of that episode a million times, and I don't know how I'll last until the new episodes in the spring.

Anyone else?

maudie
Dec. 24, 2009, 10:01 PM
I love Glee! Can't wait for the new season

lcw579
Dec. 24, 2009, 10:30 PM
Whole houseful of Gleeks here.

janedoe726
Dec. 24, 2009, 10:46 PM
The last episode was the best! Already pre-ordered Season 1 on DVD (under $25 at Wal-Mart), and in the original email, they sent the wrong ship date, so they're sending me a $10 Wal-Mart gift card. It's like I'm getting it for $15!! Can't wait!!!

Renn/aissance
Dec. 24, 2009, 11:02 PM
I am SO GLAD that the two ridiculous pregnancy dramas are over. I lost a lot of respect for Quinn over her dragging someone else's future down because of her mistake, and hopefully I'll start to like her a little better as she learns to be more honest. Failing that, she and Terri deserve each other. ("Take two a day or your baby will be ugly.") Rachel still annoys me, but I can't be too mad at her after "Don't Rain On My Parade" (which I may or may not have played on repeat about 15 times after the finale. ;) )

Hopefully the next season will give us a little more diversity in singing. I'd love to hear more of Tina, Artie, Kurt, and Puck.

JenEM
Dec. 24, 2009, 11:46 PM
Adore it!

I think the pacing felt just a bit off in the last episode, but I'll just assume it was because it was originally shot as the "finale" before they knew they were getting picked up for a whole season, and tried to fit wrap everything up.

Its horrible how long we have to wait for more of it!

ESG
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:16 AM
Another Gleek here. My husband started watching the series, and pestered me until I did the same. I'm sooooo glad he did. :yes:

MHM
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:25 AM
Renn- I've watched Rain on my Parade plenty, but I've watched the last number countless times. My Life Would Suck Without You, indeed- it could apply to the show!

The worst part of the show is getting a song completely stuck in your head. That's happened to me way too many times! :lol:

JenEM
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:46 AM
MHM, I think the best approach is generally to just embrace the song, and put it on repeat. I've had to do that with several songs off iTunes, including Don't Rain on My Parade!

KateKat
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:57 AM
I love Glee and the finale was awesome! Although it still doesn't top the best show on TV right now...MAD MEN!!! :)

MHM
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:12 AM
MHM, I think the best approach is generally to just embrace the song, and put it on repeat. I've had to do that with several songs off iTunes, including Don't Rain on My Parade!

That's what I did with My Life Would Suck, but once I got that one out of my system, I got stuck with Don't Rain, which went through my head non-stop for at least an hour when I had to do something outside in bad weather last week.

LexInVA
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:19 AM
It was nice to see the three main plot-pots come to a boil but I really want to see it be ongoing. I don't want a lot of stand-alone stories. I also think the characters need a bit more development and fleshing out beyond the stereotypes.

Natalie A
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:38 AM
I was so happy the stupid fake pregnancy plot finally ended & can't wait for my DVD to arrive soon! As pathetic as it sounds, I actually kind of like a lot of their songs better than the originals...

Kat the Horse
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:51 AM
Love this show. I even tried to use this to entice my youngest daughter into trying out for the local 'glee' stuff at her high school. She has a lovely voice!

Kind of blew up in my face when I actually MET the kids in her high school vocals club. The girls are all itty-bitty sticks, and the guys are GAY...to a man. I swear. And not even the super cool, interesting shoe-shopping gay, like Kurt.

I was thinking a Fin or Puck type would probably make it at least interesting. Alas.

I hum "Bust Your Windows" constantly.

lcw579
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:03 PM
LOL - I keep asking my girls about Glee clubs at their schools. No luck they just roll their eyes.