PDA

View Full Version : anybody else not been on a date in a looong time?

mroades
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:51 PM
its been since 96 for me...i am an only child of a single mom...so its what i know. 99% of the time I dont miss it or care...anybody else?

Paige777
Dec. 24, 2009, 09:56 PM
It's been well over 4 years since I've been on a date. The sad part? The fact that I've been in college for those 4 years! Isn't this when you're supposed to be dating and exploring relationships? Not me, apparently!

Tazzie
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:57 PM
It's been years since I've been on a date, and for the most part I'm not at all sad about it!

Every once in a while I feel lonely, usually only in the winter when there isn't as much to do. Spring/summer/fall I spend time riding or volunteering at horse trials and therefore don't have time to feel lonely.

Plus, where the hell would I meet somebody anyway?

Ibex
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:59 PM
Three years. The last guy I dated was incredibly overbearing, and downright petty and nasty when I ended it. Then I changed jobs, bought a horse, and just didn't care for quite a while.

Now I'm thinking it would be nice...

dressagetraks
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:18 PM
From 1991 (leaving college) through early 2008, I was not on a date. Found a neat guy then - still think he's a neat guy; I'm just a bit puzzled. We went on several dates from there through early 2009. Agreed on no kids, all important things, and he was a farm boy (cattle not horses) and loved all animals. He also was a very low-mileage dater. I even met his parents, as well as his coworkers at company Christmas banquet, so I'm pretty sure he was indeed who he said he was. We both agreed to just explore this, take things slowly, and see where/if things would lead.

Then . . . nothing. He abruptly stopped answering the phone, did not return multiple messages from me spaced across over a month, did not wish to communicate again at all, apparently. He is apparently still alive and kicking. At this point, I've figured he decided for whatever reason that he'd rather not pursue this. Still odd that he didn't say anything - he was very considerate - and I wouldn't mind having him as a friend alone. But I'll respect his apparent decision.

So back to the drawing board, on which I'm not really drawing. If I ever meet the perfect guy, great. If not, I'm happy single.

pintopiaffe
Dec. 25, 2009, 10:21 PM
Um, what do you consider "long"?

20 years or so??

:uhoh:

LexInVA
Dec. 25, 2009, 10:35 PM
I haven't been on a date in a while. Met up with several different women recently to get to know them as potential friends (my own choice and not theirs) but haven't done anything "date-like" in over a year.

Louise
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:00 AM
Um, what do you consider "long"?

20 years or so??

:uhoh:

That's better than "I can't remember my last date."

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:22 AM
I don't know if it's been 20 years...no, I know it hasn't...but I can't remember the last one. Maybe it was so awful I've blocked it from my consciousness?

Sudi's Girl
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:38 AM
Eh - I used to try. Really I did. But I just don't like dating. I ended up telling the last one that my horse was more interested in me than he was. And sadly I wasn't lying. (Granted my horse is most likely feeling me up for treats, but you know! :-P) The guy would ask me how I liked my coffee, I would tell him, then he would go off and return with something he wanted. He told me I'd like it better than what I ordered. Um............ :-\

At any rate, I have yet to find a guy that I'd rather spend time with over my horse. Do I miss having a guy during all the holidays? Yep - sometimes I do. But until I find the right one, I'm really perfectly happy with my ponies. :)