PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from the UK

kookicat
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
It's just turned 00:30 here- Merry Christmas! My wrapping is all done, just waiting for tomorrow now. :)

Louise
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:36 PM
And, a very Merry Christmas to you, kookicat!

rcloisonne
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:50 PM
Merry Christmas to all and "God bless us, every one"!

erinwillow
Dec. 24, 2009, 10:22 PM
What fun! would love to hear about a UK Christmas. . is it snowing? Santa? gists? pray, do tell! :winkgrin:

texang73
Dec. 24, 2009, 10:24 PM
Happy Christmas!! :D

akrogirl
Dec. 24, 2009, 10:55 PM
Merry Christmas to all our UK Cothers. I still miss the wonderful Christmas lights in Nottingham's city centre. Christmas just doesn't feel the same here in the desert :-(

Foxtrot's
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:44 AM
...so after all this time, what's happening in the village these days?

kookicat
Dec. 25, 2009, 06:53 AM
:D Just opened my gifts- hubby has given me a very lovely coat that I've been lusting after for a while now. :D There's still snow on the ground, and it was quite misty this morning. It was very magical when I went down to feed and turn out the horses. It's my first christmas is about ten years without Lilly, and it was very sad not seeing her face. :( She always used to nicker at me. Rue and Asp are all nice and snuggly in their rugs, enjoying the snow.

Both sets of parents are coming to my house for Christmas lunch- no pressure there then! ;) The veggies are done, turkey and ham is cooked. I'm just hoping that my roasties will turn out okay! :)

I'll post more later. :) I'm going to smarten myself up and don the war paint! :winkgrin:

Hope you're all having a great day. :D

ManyDogs
Dec. 25, 2009, 11:25 AM
Don't worry, my Lilly sends her love and nickers. She's 1/4 Cleveland Bay so maybe she misses her ancestral land? :D

I wish we celebrated Boxing Day here. Hey, if the Netherlands Antilles can, why can't the US of A?

It is totally nasty here-melting snow, gusting winds, mud and muck, blasts of occasional rain. I'll take snow and mist over all of this mess! Oh well, leftover turkey and potatoes while tucked in on the couch, with a Twilight Zone marathon on TV makes life bearable.

I'd have Pride and Prejudice or The Other Boleyn Girl on, but DH would groan. :lol: