PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Dizzywriter's vague problems

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 24, 2009, 06:47 PM
She can't even name her horse, much less be specific about her issues. Let's help her put the "vague" back in "vogue" this holiday season!

LexInVA
Dec. 24, 2009, 06:49 PM
Dunno what to say bout this....

mroades
Dec. 24, 2009, 07:03 PM
Well, I know she wasn't vague about not wanting OT day to be during Christmas...but nobody listened....well, except LBM and DRG

Renn/aissance
Dec. 24, 2009, 07:30 PM
Was it ever clarified whether her vague was the problem or her problem was vague? I only vaguely remember the original thread.

dizzywriter
Dec. 24, 2009, 07:57 PM
Boy, why should I even reply to this if all yous peoples can't even remember that my PROBLEM is vague.
Sheesh.
And my horse's name is Buffysnugglespike thank you very much.

Grataan
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:02 PM
Geek, what is this, I don't even?

equinelaw
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:07 PM
(((hugs)))).

dizzywriter
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:10 PM
You don't even because you are odd, which is mathematics and not vague at all unless you use imaginary numbers.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:12 PM
for the non cognescenti, in the hopes they can respond to dizzywriter, and in turn, she can spurn all their well meaning advice:

dizzywriter has a problem. It's a vague problem, with much innuendo, and often with suggestive overtones, but still, vague. She also needs help naming her horse.

Please, help her this holiday season. Don't let her cry for help go unheard, unless you are in a forest somewhere, and no one sees you.

dizzywriter
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hey, it was yous peoples that added all the innuendo, with your vagues and stuff.

dizzywriter
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:16 PM
Was it ever clarified whether her vague was the problem or her problem was vague? I only vaguely remember the original thread.

My PROBLEM is vague. It was all the rest of yous folkses that had the problem vagues.

Bluesy
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:17 PM
Please, help her this holiday season. Don't let her cry for help go unheard, unless you are in a forest somewhere, and no one sees you.

If a vague falls in a forest with no one around, does it make a sound?

dizzywriter
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:18 PM
(((hugs)))).

Thank you for the (((HUGS)))) Equinelaw. Just wait, the Geek is going to throw in all kinds of pointy punctuation because she's afraid of cooties (that's a scientific term btw).

monstrpony
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:18 PM
And what, pray tell, is vague about imaginary numbers?? That's nothing compared to the spaces between the irrational ones. Or, wait ... is it that the spaces between the irrational ones are nothing compared to ... oh, darn

Guin
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:19 PM
Dizzywriter is beset by ambiguity. Should she stay or should she go? Up or down? Left or right? Maryanne or Ginger? The vagaries are multiplying! Stop the madness!

2boys
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:20 PM
wtf???????? I missed that one. I feel like I am reading a foreign language.:lol:

mvp
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:56 PM

Yes, but I can't describe the sound it makes.

It would either be very soft....too non-descript for words or imitation.

Or it would sound "vague"....

And therefore sound exactly as it is.

Derrida would have an opinion.

Grataan
Dec. 24, 2009, 09:00 PM
DIZZY! You should name your horse Mr Flufflekins.

Bluey
Dec. 24, 2009, 09:00 PM
I like Noodles for a vague horse.:yes:

lcw579
Dec. 24, 2009, 09:46 PM

Not if it lands on moss.

dizzywriter
Dec. 24, 2009, 09:46 PM
The only proper name for a vague horse would be Fuzzy, but my horse is not vague. My PROBLEM is.

No one here ever pays attention.

Bluey
Dec. 24, 2009, 10:08 PM
The only proper name for a vague horse would be Fuzzy, but my horse is not vague. My PROBLEM is.

No one here ever pays attention.

Fuzzy Logic is not vague, not at all, it has very clear set limits.
It is your horse, vague or not, so be my guest, Fuzzy IS a nice name, at least in the winter.:)

Your problem, I dunno, is it fuzzy also?
Wanna currycomb?;)

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 24, 2009, 11:09 PM
Your horse's name should be Impeddlingasfastasican. And you can always clip him if he gets fuzzy, but you need to duct tape him if he gets vague.

Bluesy
Dec. 24, 2009, 11:24 PM
With what colour of duct tape?

Foxtrot's
Dec. 24, 2009, 11:36 PM
Oh no....I don't think I am up to this right now...again. And the thought of a curry comb on the fuzzy logic makes me shudder.

Grataan
Dec. 24, 2009, 11:43 PM
Your horse's name should be Impeddlingasfastasican. And you can always clip him if he gets fuzzy, but you need to duct tape him if he gets vague.

NONONO!

She needs to use GORILLA TAPE (http://www.flinn-garlick-saws.co.uk/acatalog/gorillatapehand.jpg) since her PROBLEM is so VAGUE. It will help her NAIL it DOWN

LittleblackMorgan
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:12 AM
NONONO!

She needs to use GORILLA TAPE (http://www.flinn-garlick-saws.co.uk/acatalog/gorillatapehand.jpg) since her PROBLEM is so VAGUE. It will help her NAIL it DOWN

LOL:lol::lol:

dizzywriter
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:49 AM
How can you nail with tape?
This post betrays a deep misunderstanding of vague.

I think I should have an affair or something. That way all this bad advice might at least make sense.

lcw579
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:10 AM
Yes, an affair would be the right thing to do. With a much older man. Unless you would prefer one much younger. And he should be married. Or gay and confused. Use the tape be it Duct or Gorilla on him.

Kat the Horse
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:21 AM
I find this entire thread...vaguely disturbing....

Grataan
Dec. 25, 2009, 09:39 AM

I think I should have an affair or something. That way all this bad advice might at least make sense.
Do not question the Gorilla

:no:

Kairoshorses
Dec. 25, 2009, 10:03 AM

From dictionary.com:

–adjective, va⋅guer, va⋅guest.
1. not clearly or explicitly stated or expressed: vague promises.
2. indefinite or indistinct in nature or character, as ideas or feelings: a vague premonition of disaster.
3. not clear or distinct to the sight or any other sense; perceptible or recognizable only in an indefinite way: vague shapes in the dark; vague murmurs behind a door.
4. not definitely established, determined, confirmed, or known; uncertain: a vague rumor; The date of his birth is vague.
5. (of persons) not clear or definite in thought, understanding, or expression: vague about his motives; a vague person.
6. (of the eyes, expression, etc.) showing lack of clear perception or understanding: a vague stare.

From Latin <i>vagus</i>, meaning wandering.

so her problem is wandering and not clearly established/distinct (and possibly murmuring). Which begs the question: who has agency here? Us? DW? Ho? The horse?

If it's us, then vague is a social construct which we, as a community, determine.

There.

dizzywriter
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:46 PM
I am going to go and have an affair now.

lcw579
Dec. 25, 2009, 01:48 PM
Very good news. Find a mossy knoll and well..... ;)

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 25, 2009, 02:08 PM
Be sure and use more than condoms. In fact, use everything. Including duct tape.

Grataan
Dec. 25, 2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah. you should use Guy Repellent as well.

Bluesy
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:39 PM
I say you use Can O' Man.

"It's the man in a can...

..produces a full-size man from a mere spray can. This man, capable of bench pressing 240 lbs, may be used wherever a pair of strong hands is needed and gives one terrific shoulder massage. After an hour of such service, Can O Man evaporates into a fragrant cloud of potpourri (also available in sandalwood and pine)"

dizzywriter
Dec. 25, 2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry for being breathless, but I'm in the middle of my affair and had to tear myself away to post an update.

Bluesy
Dec. 25, 2009, 08:32 PM
a torrid affair with Can O' Man? Do you smell like fragrant potpourri now? Sandalwood or pine?

dizzywriter
Dec. 25, 2009, 09:04 PM
It has to evaporate first, before the fragrance is released.

Bluesy
Dec. 25, 2009, 10:11 PM
I'm guessing he didn't have to bench press 240lbs?

Can O' Man is the way to go with Vague problems, even more so than octagonal pencil crayons.

lcw579
Dec. 25, 2009, 10:42 PM
Dizzy, no new updates? How many Cans o' Mans are you up to you busy girl? :lol:

Bluesy
Dec. 25, 2009, 11:58 PM
Can O' Man (http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3073314430044994600YLywWF)
Is pretty hot. I bet she has all three flavors "bench pressing" her right now as we speak. (Type?)

Hut hut hut hut.

(apologies for my shaky hands)

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:34 AM
Geez, can't even have an affair without all these questions. Can-o-man was too wispy for my taste.

translation services
Dec. 26, 2009, 02:28 PM
ooh sure, but you can slaughter innocent ponies, can't you!

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 04:08 PM
ooh sure, but you can slaughter innocent ponies, can't you!

Only for food, and only if they are flexitarian cannibals with jello dressing.

lcw579
Dec. 26, 2009, 04:42 PM
I lost that recipe. Could you post it?

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 04:51 PM
Oh, I forgot: with stuffed troll on the side.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 26, 2009, 04:54 PM
...not gnomes? they're a little stringier, but with more flesh.

lindasp62
Dec. 26, 2009, 05:00 PM
wtf???????? I missed that one. I feel like I am reading a foreign language.:lol:

Me too. If you decipher it, let me in on it!!! Although I haven't the "vaguest" idea what this thread is all about, I find myself laughing at the seeming absurdity of it all!:lol:

oldenmare
Dec. 26, 2009, 05:03 PM
So, Dizzy, how's the affair going? If you're looking for a younger man, have one I can send you..... and he vaguely resembles the definition of "vague"...

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 05:36 PM
Who wants to have an affair with a man vague? That would be a real PROBLEM. Though a round pen might add some definition.

lcw579
Dec. 26, 2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, Dizzy, affair details please. Is he older or younger? Does he speak in equations to heighten the mood?

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 06:04 PM
He's precisely the right age, and 1+1=perfect.

Renn/aissance
Dec. 26, 2009, 06:29 PM
...not gnomes? they're a little stringier, but with more flesh.

Gnomes lack the flavor of a good troll. Something about their habit of standing out in the schooling area at Devon at the crack of dawn just wears them out. Trolls, though. A good troll is delicious. Especially barbecued. Just cut the neon hair off first.

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 06:36 PM
Gnomes lack the flavor of a good troll. Something about their habit of standing out in the schooling area at Devon at the crack of dawn just wears them out. Trolls, though. A good troll is delicious. Especially barbecued. Just cut the neon hair off first.

No, no, no! Leave the hair on, and when it melts it makes a jello sauce.

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 06:38 PM

Well, perfect for about an hour. Then he talked. Hey, how about a man auction?!? Manmeat isn't allowed to talk except for the interview portion and the only subject allowed is world peace.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 26, 2009, 06:42 PM
The way you can test whether a man is acceptable for an affair is to give them the test question:

Gnomes or trolls? Discuss.

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 07:35 PM
The way you can test whether a man is acceptable for an affair is to give them the test question:

Gnomes or trolls? Discuss.

Geek, you are just too kinky...

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 26, 2009, 08:10 PM
Geek, you are just too kinky...

Yes, but you like that in a fellow COTHer!!

dizzywriter
Dec. 26, 2009, 09:18 PM
That too, but for an affair, I'd like a man who appreciates my serious questions about ontology.

Take that! Hah!

lcw579
Dec. 31, 2009, 08:27 PM
Would those questions be philosophical in nature?

I think, therefore I am. :yes:

Bluesy
Dec. 31, 2009, 08:29 PM

You mean he's 11??! :eek::eek::eek:

harveyhorses
Dec. 31, 2009, 08:58 PM
That too, but for an affair, I'd like a man who appreciates my serious questions about ontology.

Take that! Hah!

But then they get all wordy when they answer and will.not.shut.up. :yes:

dizzywriter
Dec. 31, 2009, 10:12 PM
You mean he's 11??! :eek::eek::eek:

1+1 is an equation, not a number.
Geez, maybe someone needs to start a man auction. OK, I think that has to be me.