PDA

View Full Version : Aiken- any ideas for a birthday celebration?

Eventingjunkie
Dec. 23, 2009, 09:52 PM
So, the kid turns sixteen while we are down in Aiken this year. It appears that all our favorite restaurants have closed down. Any ideas of a great way to celebrate? I know she reads the COTH eventing thread...so it will be hard to surprise her. Horsie ideas are great, but she and her friends also love good food. Maybe I could bribe a dressage judge to give her a score in the teens for her first horse trial of the year?

RiverBendPol
Dec. 24, 2009, 06:53 AM
The restaurant that has taken over Olive Oil's building was wonderful last year. We had a great meal there when he first opened. Believe me, we were not expecting greatness, as what could be better than Olive Oil?? It was great, he was a very nice man, service was ok-learning still-food was yummy. He came around asking for menu suggestions, we told him he needed to be aware of Vegans and Vegetarians, he was amenable to that. Anyhow, I don't know if he's still there or what but worth a shot. Imagine, it will even be nice enough to sit on the porch!:winkgrin:

glfprncs
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
I LOVE Tako Sushi! And if you don't like Sushi, they also offer 'Southwestern' Fare.

elly
Dec. 24, 2009, 08:53 AM
I second Taco Sushi - love that place !!

Try the new place Trivinia (or close to that) - it is across from TJ Maxx and just opened.

RiverBendPol
Dec. 24, 2009, 11:26 AM
Taco Sushi is $$. Also, last year a friend got a b.a.d. something or other and was in bed throwing up for 2 days........:eek:
We still go there at least once a winter in spite of it!

wookie
Dec. 26, 2009, 02:20 AM
i think eventing junkie can handle the $$....lol. brake out of aiken junkie and try another venue...isn't her bday in february. just get her a car and skip the meal. claire and i will be down feb 8.. bringing riley and pip is staying home earning his keep. can't wait to see you. can't wait to compete the lower level with my new boy!!!!

Eventingjunkie
Dec. 26, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hey, Wookie, actually it is March 3. Will y'all still be in town? Remember when she turned eleven in Ocala?

Would I be a bad Mom if I rounded up all the good looking straight single Eventing guys for a party?

Gunner is probably staying home as well until we get O'Brien sold. I only have three spaces in the trailer and it is time for Yoda to start at Beginner Novice. Are you staying at Full Gallop again? I'll be volunteering at the horse trials, after all it's a tradition.

I can't wait to get away from my flooded farm and see everyone down in Aiken!!!

Eventingjunkie
Dec. 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
just get her a car and skip the meal.

She has her eye on Big Red and the three horse trailer already.

If all her dreams really did come true, she would be importing a fabulous mare she tried out in NZ. This child better marry a wealthy man.

wookie
Dec. 26, 2009, 08:34 PM
we should all do that...the wealthy man thing. lol. when did she go to nz or was the horse here? how is finn? so many more questions. hey!!!! happy birthday to you....happy birthday to you. it's today

ladybugsbw
Dec. 27, 2009, 03:52 PM
The West Side Bowery. It's in downtown and has the most amazing honey pecan chicken ever!