PDA

View Full Version : Charles Owen AYR-8 Hunt Cap!?

Pleased_As_Punch
Dec. 23, 2009, 08:16 PM
I was, er, "working" really hard today when I came across this (http://www.beval.com/Products/Charles-Owen-AYR-8-Classic-Hunt-Cap/5067052.aspx).

Has anyone seen one in person? Is it really the best of both worlds...the world of ventilation and the world of not looking like a fly? And why oh why is it so $$$???

superpony123
Dec. 23, 2009, 08:25 PM
ew. it looks like a combo of the ayr8 and hampton :eek: why did anyone ever think it was a good idea to make it velvet and have the seams and thing on top like the hampton, and then have the whole modern thing going on with the ayr8 part and the emblem??

it looks hideous to me, but that's just me, and i'm very particular.

i dont know about you, but i'd rather just look like ive got a mushroom on my head and have a safe head instead of chance it just to look good.

heartinrye
Dec. 23, 2009, 08:29 PM
Umm. EWW.

PugetSounder
Dec. 23, 2009, 08:48 PM
I have one and I love it. Comfy, looks good (to me), does the job. It is pricey, but the comfort and ventilation are totally worth it. It's not as sparkly in person as some of the photos I've seen make it look. But if you don't like it, you don't have to wear one! :-)

Invite
Dec. 23, 2009, 09:58 PM
I think it looks better in person then in the catalogs. It is very comfortable. I'm buying a new helmet and could not decide whether to go with the AYR-8 or another GR8. I like the whole ventilation idea, but I don't want my head freezing in the winter. I'll save a little $ and get another GR8!

OkLurchers
Dec. 23, 2009, 10:33 PM
Where can one see this marvel of innovation??

Horseshowaddict
Dec. 24, 2009, 03:21 PM
Im in Wellington now, Hadfields probably has it. Ill check it out and report back after the holiday :).

Hunter Mom
Dec. 25, 2009, 09:04 AM
I have seen them and really like them. It will be my next helmet for sure. Especially the black/black - looks like a GR8, but breathes! Hallelujah! A cool, non-ugly helmet!

Rubs Not Pats
Dec. 25, 2009, 12:52 PM
Have it, love it!

rockfordbuckeye
Dec. 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
It's looks fine to me. I just bought at GR8, but now I'm thinking that I want this one for spring/summer!

Jumper6252
Dec. 25, 2009, 10:53 PM
ewww.

Sparkling_Sunset
Dec. 27, 2009, 03:01 AM
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Remember that! ;)

Personally, if I had $350 for a helmet, I'd buy it. It looks a lot less mushroomy than the the other new-style CO helmets.

Now, my IRH ATH helmet--that's a different story! I feel like an ugly mushroom-bobble head in it! (But at least I also feel like I'm safe, and I suppose that's all that really counts, right? :) )

Lucassb
Dec. 27, 2009, 10:32 AM
Ah, I dunno... i kind of like it. I have to stop in to Bevals today and according to their website, they have them... I'd be interested to see it in person.