PDA

View Full Version : Barns to look into for WS positions: Northern NH/VT

Beau Cheval
Dec. 23, 2009, 06:25 PM
What barns should I look into for a WS position in the area between St. Johnsbury, VT; Groton, VT; Fairlee, VT; Woodsville, NH; Twin Mountain, NH; Littleton, NH; Haverhill, NH, etc?

(If you look at a map, those towns are the sort of borders of the area that I would like to be in)

Thanks!

Popcorn
Dec. 23, 2009, 06:57 PM
Are you looking to stay in the H/J world in that area? Off the top of my head, I can't think of many H/J barns in those areas...mainly eventing and dressage. When I showed 4-H, we frequently competed in Haverhill and Woodsville, but most of the kids I showed with weren't doing much of anything outside of 4-H.

There's a small dressage barn in Fairlee, but I'm not sure if they are looking for any working students. My recommendation would be to check out equichat.com or equinesite.com and see if anyone knows anything. I left that area about 18 months ago and moved to Oregon so I may be out of the loop. If your looking for a barn, not just an H/J barn, just south of Fairlee, in Wilder is a eventing barn that might take WS's. PM me if you want more info.

good luck in your search :)