PDA

View Full Version : Stackhouse Monoflap modeled after Macel??

faluut42
Dec. 23, 2009, 11:56 AM
My friend has a saddle that I LOVE. She says its a stackhouse monoflap that was modeled after the Macel Monoflap. Does anyone know of this saddle and if they are still around (used or not)?

Thank you!

Jlacy116
Dec. 23, 2009, 04:17 PM
I rode in a Macel monoflap all last season and loved the saddle. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MARCEL TOLOUSE!!! I picked it up used at a tack store for not very much at all. I had never heard of them before and had a tough time finding information. What I did learn is they are almost exclusively sold in Europe and are foam flocked. They aren't seen around these parts often. Doesnt seem to be a big export market for them because they seemed to be a middle of the road saddle.

It had the billet straps on the outside of saddle (i.e. Black country monoflap). The leather seemed to be fairly tough as well considering this saddle was old but in great condition.

I liked the leg position the saddle put me in and it was easy to find my balance. FYI I have a pretty proportional thigh to lower leg ratio. I do however find any monoflap much easier to ride in than a traditional CC saddle.

All in all a great saddle. The only thing I would wish to be different was the foam flocking.

Equibrit
Dec. 23, 2009, 04:27 PM
I'm sure David would be happy to oblige you http://www.stackhousesaddles.com/stackhousesaddle.html