PDA

View Full Version : Judge TC babies - temperment?

Timex
Dec. 20, 2009, 08:24 PM
I just got myself a yearling filly (merry xmas to me!) that is by a Judge TC son. The filly is amazing laid back and really seems to have a great brain. The couple of times I've seen the stud, I thought the same thing of him too. I haven't dealt with any Judge TC babies before and I was curious if this is common to the line? I've actually started to think about breeding a mare of mine to the stallion, I like what I've seen so much.

KBEquine
Dec. 21, 2009, 08:56 AM
I don't know Judge TC, but his sire, Judge Smells, was good-minded & good-looking. He wasn't especially big, but was attractive & put a good-looking baby on the ground. Many of his went on to show careers, once their days at the track ended.

midnightride
Dec. 21, 2009, 12:14 PM
I owned a Judge TC mare- she was FAB!! very easy to ride even when racing fit (took her on a hunt trail ride once 3 days after a race- long story:) ) her 2 yr old gelding is just great, his new mom loves him and is already taking him to shows and over night trail rides!! her yearling is very nice so far.
I also had a Smelly (RIP) who was just one of the best horses ever! Very smart and fun.... good luck with your girl!

Timex
Dec. 28, 2009, 12:30 PM
Great, thanks for the info! My new filly is so totally unflappable, its incredible.

KBEquine
Dec. 28, 2009, 01:35 PM
I've got my eye on a mare on Handride.com - just $1,000 - and no, I don't need another mare . . .

But her dam is a 1/2 sister to Judge Smells & lots of the temperament comes from the dam . . .

http://www.handride.com/detail.asp?horse_id=1373&redir=search%2Easp%3Fsearch%3D1%26name%3D%26sire%3 D%26dam%3D%26price%3D%245%2C500%26sex%3DAll%26loca tion%5Fid%3D0%26page%3D1%26horsetype%3DAll

cinnabar
Dec. 28, 2009, 06:21 PM
I have a Judge Smells baby, and not much bothers him. Lucky you!

horsepix76
Dec. 30, 2009, 11:17 AM
I own a Judge TC mare. I bought her off the track in 2003. She is awesome! We do a little bit of everything. She has done fabulous at traditionally non-TB events like parades, sidesaddle demos, horse fairs, etc. She's very athletic and very smart. I'd take another of her in a heartbeat!

Here are a bunch of pictures of us doing various things:
http://picasaweb.google.com/horsepix/Jewel#

Enjoy your new filly!

rcloisonne
Dec. 30, 2009, 11:48 AM
I thought Judge TC had been exported to Saudi Arabia? Guess he's back. :winkgrin:

I've been madly in love with one of his daughters for years (Local Justice, linebred Somethingroyal). I also saw another for sale (don't recall her name) last year. That mare was gorgeous too and I didn't realize she was another Judge TC until looking at her pedigree. I love the "look" the Judge seems to sire. They all seem to be black or black bay, have nice uphill builds and great hips.

Wonder where he's standing? Anyone know?

horsepix76
Dec. 30, 2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think he's back. He was exported in 2006. The OP's new filly is a granddaughter, not a daughter. ;)

DickHertz
Dec. 30, 2009, 01:08 PM
I loved Judge Smells. Good cheap sire.

Timex
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:19 PM
Yup, I have a grand daughter, and am considering breeding a mare or 2 to her sire, who is by judge tc.