PDA

View Full Version : WEG Mandatory Outing Info from USEA Convention?

Dec. 16, 2009, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the info about the WEG Mandatory Outing that was shared at the USEA convention? I remember reading about it somewhere, but can't find it for the life of me! If anyone could post a link, or the text, or whatever, it would be most appreciated.

Auburn
Dec. 16, 2009, 05:19 PM
I know that The Rolex is a WEG mandatory outing. The Dressage and Show Jumping test runs for the WEG are being held the same week. :eek:

Hopefully, the KHP will have their roadwork done. If not, then it will be some kind of mess.

GreyDun
Dec. 16, 2009, 07:38 PM
The Final Mandatory outing for the US WEG team will be the Advanced division at the American Eventing Championships at Chattahoochee Hills in Fairburn, Georgia on the second weekend in September.

This information was disclosed during the USEF Active Athletes Open Forum (among other meetings) at the USEA Convention a few weeks ago:

Here's the press release:http://useventing.com/aboutus.php?section=convention&id=2195

"The discussion then moved to the topic of the 2010 World Equestrian Games. Sara Ike announced that the WEG selection procedures have now been through eleven drafts, but the USEF hopes to have the them up on their website by the end of the year. However, the vet evaluation procedures are still up in the air because of the new FEI progressive drug lists. The mandatory outing for the WEG will be held in conjunction with the Advanced division at the 2010 American Eventing Championships and then selected riders will continue on at Chattahoochee Hills to train until moving up to Kentucky for the WEG."

We're hoping this is going to be one of the biggest AEC yet - definitely one of the biggest Advanced classes. :D

Dec. 17, 2009, 11:39 AM
Thank you GreyDun! Exactly what I was looking for. :winkgrin: