PDA

View Full Version : I know this is the wrong forum but????

ivy62
Dec. 16, 2009, 03:53 PM
I have a friend who is the Potomac Md area looking for a western barn to take her son to....Thought some of you guys in this area might know a reputable place.. I think starting him this way he may like it. Ya know the guy macho thing..He is a good kid and he loves animals and he might have a lot fun doing this...
Thanks in advance for your help and understanding.....

NeverTime
Dec. 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
If no one has a more direct suggestion, you could try going to Avenel Farm (from the intersection of Bradley & Persimmon Tree roads, just drive into the Avenel development and you'll see horses grazing on your left after about a half-mile) and asking there. Avenel does English lessons, but the woman who actually runs the barn, Nancy Evans, was a barrel racer and I think has connections to other folks who ride Western in the area.

ivy62
Dec. 16, 2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks...

piaffequeen
Dec. 16, 2009, 06:11 PM
I dont know where Potomac is but my friend Diane runs a small western/english low key riding program at her barn in Chaptico. SHe has shown successfully on the Arab circuit and I know for a fact she has great lesson horses! Let me know if you need her number!:)

ivy62
Dec. 16, 2009, 06:48 PM
Potomac is in MD....